Budget 41-50k Advise on honor magicbook 14 ryzen vs i5

Woodspirit

Disciple
I'm getting a good deal on magicbook 14 with about 9k exchange value for my Old msi laptop.

Confused between the magicbook 14 which has ryzen 5 5500u vs the magicbook x14 which has 11th gen i5 1135G7.

It'll mostly be used for some light ms office, Web browsing and some multimedia consumption. Might play some fifa on it if the iGPU allows but it isn't a dealbreker.

Also, do I spend about 4k extra and get the one with 16gig ram instead of 8gb?

What is config or model of your laptop ??

Also do not pay more 4k extra for 8 gb ram more.. if the laptop you buying has additional empty ram slot, you can do that later..

8 gb with any SSD hdd is enough for office work..
Also almost all indian Youtuber who review tech items like phones, laptop etc are salesman of company.. they never open the laptop to show internal components or upgrade option, the sad part is that all this YouTuber who popped up in last year's has huge following and they give biased reviews and never talk about limitations of products..

Always check customer reviews also to cross check

Last edited:
What is config or model of your laptop ??

Also do not pay more 4k extra for 8 gb ram more.. if the laptop you buying has additional empty ram slot, you can do that later..

8 gb with any SSD hdd is enough for office work..
Also almost all indian Youtuber who review tech items like phones, laptop etc are salesman of company.. they never open the laptop to show internal components or upgrade option, the sad part is that all this YouTuber who popped up in last year's has huge following and they give biased reviews and never talk about limitations of products..

Always check customer reviews also to cross check

I don't watch any Indian youtubers, they don't even review properly just read out the spec sheet.

My old laptop (my dad's actually) is an msi cr640 with 2nd gen i5, 4 gb ram and 320 gb hdd. You think I'll get any better price for it offline?

I don't watch any Indian youtubers, they don't even review properly just read out the spec sheet.

My old laptop (my dad's actually) is an msi cr640 with 2nd gen i5, 4 gb ram and 320 gb hdd. You think I'll get any better price for it offline?
No way you will get a better price anywhere. I sold mine i5 2nd gen vaio for 3k to cashify iirc

9k is too much for that laptop. Get it while you can.

Also, make sure that the RAM is upgradable. If not, then 4k is a small price to pay for 8GB extra RAM.

Confused between the magicbook 14 which has ryzen 5 5500u vs the magicbook x14 which has 11th gen i5 1135G7.
Are they both the same price?

5500u is a superior processor overall. It has a higher number of cores (6 vs 4) compared to 1135G7. On the other hand, 1135G7 has superior single threaded performance. This is also what you'll notice more in your day to day usage. I have an NUC with 1135G7 and it's a very capable machine. If both are priced same, go for Intel. Check if RAM is upgradable later as 8 GB module costs less than 2k. If not, then get 16 GB model

One more thing to check (especially in AMD machines) is also the RAM speed and timings. Some laptops have soldered memory with only one slot available to upgrade. Please check if that's the case or not.

That being said, the full 8 GB will not be available out of box, as some of the memory is reserved for the iGPU.

If you are getting the Honorbook with intel 11th gen, get the 16gb from the start - that way, you will unlock dual channel RAM and Intel Xe graphics, which should be great for casual gaming.
Later on, it might be a hassle to get RAM of the same configuration etc. And 16gb should keep you happy for a few years!

If you are getting the Honorbook with intel 11th gen, get the 16gb from the start - that way, you will unlock dual channel RAM and Intel Xe graphics, which should be great for casual gaming.
Later on, it might be a hassle to get RAM of the same configuration etc. And 16gb should keep you happy for a few years!
Is xe better than vega 7?

Is xe better than vega 7?
I don't think so. They should be the same or advantage AMD.
Between the models, if all other specs are the same - I'd go for the Ryzen because the battery life is also usually 50%+ higher in AMD versions.
But I just added the note about dual channel RAM in case you are considering the intel version for other reasons.

Back