Advice needed on a 37K build

r1ahul

Recruit
Hey all, I'm planning to buy this by the end of february so I have plenty of time to look around and research. As the title suggests, my budget is 37,000 INR and the primary purpose of this build is gaming.

You can't really make an awesome gaming machine in 37K, I know that but I already have some components which is going to be in my final build. So the things I already have are:

Cabinet - HAF 912 Advanced

Mouse - Razer Deathadder BE

Keyboard - Logitech G110

Graphics Card - Radeon HD 6870

Heatsink - CM 212+ Evo

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz

Power Supply - Corsair 650TX v2

I have 37K with me to get a processor (I have already decided on core i5 2500k), a 23-24" monitor (I have Dell ST2320L in mind), any random DVD writer and a motherboard (I will eventually buy a SSD so I'd like a Z68 chipset motherboard). Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'll be buying the remaining part of my pc from Nehru Place, New Delhi, if that is of any help. You guys can use any Indian IT site to link me to things.

Thanks so much

Dell ST2320L: 9,600.00

i5 2500k: 13,250.00

DVD Writer: 1000.00

Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V : 13500.00 (...or LE whichever suits you better)

Total : 37,350/-

Prices from SMC International, Delhi.

Happy gaming.

<

Since you've decided on proccy i'd suggest you to get ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12.5k or Asus P8Z68-V-13.5k as infected sir quoted.

Spend 1-2k's more and get Dell S2409W-12.5k OR Dell ST2420L-12.8k.

#infected

I'll get the 2500k for 12.5k at SMC or C2C (I've already gone and asked them about it) and my friend just got the monitor for 9.4k from SMC so I'll egt that matched. That gives me 950 extra, I know its not much extra but is there any motherboard better than the ones you mentioned? I had my eye on P8Z68-V Pro but even 37K is a stretch for me.

#jakob

I know my post is a little shabby but I think I provided all the info, I'll add the missing information from the form you linked me to in a minute or so
<

Ok, I don't think I can edit that so I guess I'll just fill the whole form :/
  • Q: What is your budget?
  • Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Motherboard - Intel Boston 775
    • CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
    • SMPS - Corsair 650TX v2
    • RAM - 2x2gb DDR2 sticks (1 stick is Kingston and 1 is Fujuitsu)
    • HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB
    • Cooler - CM 212+ Evo
    • Graphics Card - Radeon HD 6870
    • Monitor - 19.5" Compaq LCD
    • Mouse - Razer Deathadder BE
  • Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

I'm keeping everything but the monitor, RAM, CPU and motherboard
  • Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Motherboard - Z68 chipset, decent OC capability
    • CPU - I know I'll buy Core i5 2500k
    • Monitor - LED 23-24" open to suggestions
    • GPU - GTX3
  • Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I might get an ASUS Xonar Card
    • I will get more HDD when the prices come down
  • Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Not open to online purchase (feel free to link to sites though)
  • Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Preferably not
  • Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  • Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Open to whatever the best is, no prejudices
  • Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - Civilization 4
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  • Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  • Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  • Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

I really hope I got everything this time

Since you've decided on proccy i'd suggest you to get ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12.5k or Asus P8Z68-V-13.5k as infected sir quoted.

Spend 1-2k's more and get Dell S2409W-12.5k OR Dell ST2420L-12.8k.

...cut out the Sir please...dont make me feel older than I already am
<

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12.5k

....is a better choice if it has enough PCI slots for you
<

Yeah, I think SystemBuilder, our TE dealer has some deals on it with the proccy...take a look at their sub-Forum

As far as the board goes: I love this cute little board, ....the little engine the could
<

Suggested as above by me and infected-

Cpu-Intel i5 2500k-13.5k

Mobo-ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12.5k

Monitor-Dell S2409W-12.5k OR Dell ST2420L-12.8k.

Dvd r/w-Samsung or any other-1k

Everything else you've is great,hope this helps.

Thank you so much for all the replies. Let me know if there is something else I should definitely have but am leaving out, I won't get it now but I will eventually get around to it.

I love that board, it was on my shortlist, (I've looked at every board from Gigabyte and ASUS, not so informed about ASRock though). I also liked GA-Z68XP-UD3P, but i cant find it anywhere really :/

Back