Budget 90k+ Advice and cautions while buying laptops online

sherlock7

Recruit
A seller is selling high end, second hand laptops in Bangalore. I am located in Delhi. I am not able to visit his store physically which is at the below address:
Digitalin Electronics Mart
Store A26 First Floor, Sapna Multiplex Mall, Manhalli Rd, Basaveshwara Nagar, Bidar, Karnataka 585403, India
8am - 5pm Mon - Sat

The link to the store is:

The terms and conditions of refund and return are available at:

I am interested in buying used laptops from them at half the original prices with warranty. However, there are many online frauds and scams of laptops where people take money and block you. How do I ensure I am not defrauded? How do I check the authenticity of the purchased laptops?

I have been given the bank details (account number, branch, IFSC code) of the shop and cash on delivery is not available.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it's not true. Why are you even spending more than 2 minutes on a website of some random shop in the most upper part of Karnataka? It's not even bangalore, it's Bidar.

Look at this listing, https://www.digitalinelectronics.co...7-16gb-ram-rtx-3070-ti-1tb-ssd-gaming-laptop/

And look where they got the pictures from (btw this ebay listing also may not be the original one)

Something I suggest you to always do is at the very least, do a google search of the store. If the store doesn't appear on google, as in on google maps, and it's not within your region, don't look any further into it. If it is there, check the reviews and see if it's actually genuine reviews and not just their relatives spamming 5 stars. Another thing to consider is trustpilot/mouthshut, usually this doesn't work but with our crazy population, it seems to be now that there is always atleast 1 person who got scammed before you. https://nz.trustpilot.com/review/digitalinelectronics.com

It genuinely baffles me how our very own members don't see the simplest signs of fraud only because it's cheaper, it's like our hidden subconcious greed comes out. If our own members keep getting scammed, I can't even imagine how often the general public themselves are.

If you want used, stick to your city or stick to the forum. Apologies if my tone seems harsh but I feel like every month we see some person asking if the most suspicious looking site is genuine, and then afterwards some new members register and come in after having got scammed by said website after having googled about the scam website and found a post discussing it on techenclave, then types a reply out about how they got scammed. Never ending loop

Last edited:
Lmao you can't even say you got scammed if they send you a 1in scale model

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324-024053_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20240324-024053_Pixel Launcher.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 62
I had recently found a seller who sells BNIB open piece laptops which are returns in Lamington Road. Once you have left the shop, sales are final.

Avoid buying anything from the internet for such things, you are more likely going to be holding up the short end of the stick

@iPwnz FYI, similar.

A seller is selling high end, second hand laptops in Bangalore. I am located in Delhi. I am not able to visit his store physically which is at the below address:
Digitalin Electronics Mart
Store A26 First Floor, Sapna Multiplex Mall, Manhalli Rd, Basaveshwara Nagar, Bidar, Karnataka 585403, India
8am - 5pm Mon - Sat

The link to the store is:

The terms and conditions of refund and return are available at:

I am interested in buying used laptops from them at half the original prices with warranty. However, there are many online frauds and scams of laptops where people take money and block you. How do I ensure I am not defrauded? How do I check the authenticity of the purchased laptops?

I have been given the bank details (account number, branch, IFSC code) of the shop and cash on delivery is not available.
make sure the serial number is present in the invoice for warranty purpose.. without it it is too difficult to claim warranty

Back