Adobe Media Encoder not utilizing AMD GPU for encoding

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Long Story short, I was trying to render a video,
1686907928275.png

Video is barely 10 sec long and don't hold a lot of visuals.
I exported the video from after effects to media encoder to be rendered/exported/saved. To my surprise its talking 1 hr or so for the same and when I checked the GPU usage, its not even 10% at max. What am I doing wrong? I was trying H265 encoder.
1686940016792.png
Still same thing.

1686940047527.png

gpu is been used because i have 2 monitors on and a stream for TP.

Was able to reduce time by 40% I think with a 3rd party encoder! AfterCodecs. its paid and cost ₹7k for only AE. will also be testing voukoder in morning!

1686949732181.png

Last edited:
Try this..

Try this..

I tried encoding same on 3060ti rig and it was showing mode than 5 hrs :p and it was using gpu at 30 to 40 %
Don't know what this people do with the releases ...

free trail period wala he. should I talk to them ? saw some things/ issue reported on their form. they are not that helpful.
No harm in contacting customer support. Tell them you are evaluating the product.
If using OBS, why don't you try something native like this -
Disclaimer : I have not used it personally.

No harm in contacting customer support. Tell them you are evaluating the product.
If using OBS, why don't you try something native like this -
Disclaimer : I have not used it personally.
that's for OBS which is now build in. also adobe does identify AMD hardware encoding. why gpu is not rendering even when selected, no idea!

Weird, I don't have such issues and render stuff on a daily basis. I use a 3070 and 3060 and an i7 12700. Have you tried switching to the CUDA renderer in Media encoder, and not OpenCL?

Generally premiere is much more CPU intensive, but your case is not the usual. I use tonnes of dynamic link layers in 3k (which really bogs down your system) but the maximum I've had to wait was 2 hours for a 10 minute video. Normal videos finish in seconds.

What's your source footage and what are your specs?

Weird, I don't have such issues and render stuff on a daily basis. I use a 3070 and 3060 and an i7 12700. Have you tried switching to the CUDA renderer in Media encoder, and not OpenCL?

Generally premiere is much more CPU intensive, but your case is not the usual. I use tonnes of dynamic link layers in 3k (which really bogs down your system) but the maximum I've had to wait was 2 hours for a 10 minute video. Normal videos finish in seconds.

What's your source footage and what are your specs?
not using secondary pc for that. I was also not facing issues before. the 3rd party encoder are fast ;)

Back