Adblocker for Android/Smart TV ?

Futureized

Skilled
Has anyone got a working solution to block ads for content on Smart/Android TVs ?
I am looking to complete few series from mx player and amazon mini.
Every episode is forced with 5 ads at least of 60+ seconds.

does the usual network level pihole/adguard home DNS blocker not work for you?
Thanks for reply @enthusiast29
Not tried anything on network level to block ads, earlier I was using Connectify inbuilt adblocker to send traffic (pc worked as router) on windows 10 OS

Don't want all devices to be blocked for ads.
Not sure what is pihole and adguard home or dns blocker.

Edit: Fixed spelling mistake from Risks to Thanks

Last edited:
Make a free account for Adguard DNS or nextDNS , Use the DNS address in your router or specific devices
or
If you have a spare Pi or 24x7 switched on device , install PiHole or Adguard on it and achieve same adblock locally

Take this - https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/adguard-dns-5-year-subscription
Use 15% codes available on internet , fully worth the money

You are a commodity , so decide who gives you max benefit after selling yourself

Last edited:
I use this in network settings of smart TV
(You make ip address static - usually your home network 192.168.1.xx) then use these 2 as dns. Blocks ad in jio tv, zee TV apps

94.140.14.15 and 94.140.15.16

I use this in network settings of smart TV
(You make ip address static - usually your home network 192.168.1.xx) then use these 2 as dns. Blocks ad in jio tv, zee TV apps

94.140.14.15 and 94.140.15.16
those are adguard generic family DNS
Why not customize your own ones ?

This.

I have many user reviews on the web (e.g. on Ghacks) that suggest these sales are not truly lifetime and that they expire after a certain period. How true/false is that?
Well I first took the lifetime Adguard Adblocker for $14 in 2018 , Still working fine
Then purchased Adguard VPN for 5 years costing for $34 which has Adguard DNS free

nextDNS free tier was not cutting through as my BSNL FTTH modem pings China every 1 sec by 3 different websites , picked up Adguard , happily enjoying Adblocks
Cos this works for me
Ofcourse it works , these are standard DNS servers ,you can customize them as per your requirement if you want
but it works so ....

Any settings which works for Amazon mine tv series?
Even the ones available on Prime Video shows ads wry my prime account
If you have a spare Pi or 24x7 switched on device , install PiHole or Adguard on it and achieve same adblock locally
That's Greek and Latin for me.
I have 2 routers in between my TV and main internet

1st using tplink stock firmware
2nd using openwrt

Last edited:
Back