"Acquiring Network Address" and hangs

anish_sha

Skilled
Hi guys i've a wifi modem from bsnl (I.T.I) when i try it to connect to my laptop via wifi it gives me "Acquiring network address " and then gives me "Limited or no connectivity.." my iphone has no issues in getting connected over thru wifi so i suppose its prob wit ma lappy. . Pls help me how to resolve this..

^^ please make sure DHCP client is running on your windows meaning the service is started. Otherwise ur PC wont be able to acquire an IP from DHCP server

Will changing the ip works? Seen in some internet cafe some guys doing that in Tcp/ip settings.. But don't remembe whats that ip address..

Since dhcp is working on your iPhone, try re-installing your wi-fi drivers. Also, check if if it uses any utility to connect other than windows wireless zero config.

try to uninstall the network adapter from device manager if u think the DHCP is running fine. If you have a router, try to check if DHCP is on in it :)

Apart from the above-mentioned steps, also check if you're entering the correct security key, if security is enabled on the router.

guys.....just now reinstalled my Windows...now the wifi gets connected but can't surf sites "paage can't be displayed error comes....:-(

The iphone also some times giving the error page cannot be loaded because not connected to internet.. Now my doubt is may be its the fault of modem?

Back