Acer vg271u M3 for ps5 ?

psybronik

Disciple
Hi All

I'm planning to buy this acer monitor, model no vg271u m3. Its a 1440p 180hz monitor that has hdmi 2.0.

I want to know if i can run my ps5 games on this monitor at 2k 120hz and also at 2k 60hz ?

Many thanks for your help.

If increasing your budget is possible get acer xv272u v2, much better display for the price. It has dropped to 16k with card on amazon a few times.

I couldn't find any info online, do you have any source for this ?
Check comparisons and general reviews of both (especially rtings.com for the xv272u kv (same panel as the V3).

To name a few differences:

1. The VG supports 8-bit panel depth. The XV supports 10-bit
  2. The VG has a max brightness of 250 nits. The XV has a peak of 400.
  3. The VG has HDR 10. The KV has DisplayHDR 400
  4. The VG does not have Acer's excellent color-calibrated 'Agile Splendor IPS' panel. The XV does.

Check comparisons and general reviews of both (especially rtings.com for the xv272u kv (same panel as the V3).

To name a few differences:

1. The VG supports 8-bit panel depth. The XV supports 10-bit
  2. The VG has a max brightness of 250 nits. The XV has a peak of 400.
  3. The VG has HDR 10. The KV has DisplayHDR 400
  4. The VG does not have Acer's excellent color-calibrated 'Agile Splendor IPS' panel. The XV does.

Well, just cancelled my order...thanks a lott brother ....

Is it the v2 or v3?
V3* typo my bad. Xv has quite a bit better display than m3
Hi All

I'm planning to buy this acer monitor, model no vg271u m3. Its a 1440p 180hz monitor that has hdmi 2.0.

I want to know if i can run my ps5 games on this monitor at 2k 120hz and also at 2k 60hz ?

Many thanks for your help.
Hey, v3 just dropped in price to 17.3k perfect time to get it

Last edited:
hope i win the pannel lottery
Nah, that's nigh impossible with LCD panels, and that too from Acer. Best you can hope for is as little backlight bleed as possible and no more than 1-2 dead pixels.

If anyone owns this monitor its better to check the service menu to know the panel, also report it here for others to make sure they get the same panel.

Nah, that's nigh impossible with LCD panels, and that too from Acer. Best you can hope for is as little backlight bleed as possible and no more than 1-2 dead pixels.

If anyone owns this monitor its better to check the service menu to know the panel, also report it here for others to make sure they get the same panel.
I have the XV272U KV. The panel is the INX M270KCJ K7E, which I believe is the latest iteration and an improvement over the K7B.

The V3 technically should have the same panel. OP, do let us know once you get it.

I have the XV272U KV. The panel is the INX M270KCJ K7E, which I believe is the latest iteration and an improvement over the K7B.

The V3 technically should have the same panel. OP, do let us know once you get it.
Sure thing, i will let you guys know. I had the very first iteration of this monitor when it came out. Served me good for 2-3 years then sold it and got the dell 240hz s2521hg . Amazing monitor and quality from dell. Sold it off... bought a ps5 and now gona use this for my pc and ps5 both.

Ill let y'all know once i get it which is around coming monday.

Got the monitor yesterday and immediately noticed too much IPS glow which really made me sad ... Then there is backlight bleed from top 2 corners which is Noticable during dark scenes... Regardless of how many lights i have arround and how low i keep my brightness, its the horrible ips glow thats bothering me. Its just too much. Didn't remember my last acer had this much glow.

I might exchange this Monitor or possibly return it. Im just not able to find a good 2k 240hz Pannel. Decided to buy Samsung g6 from the Samsung app for 30k after discount but it went out of stock now i dont feel like paying anything above 30k for a 2k 240hz Pannel

Got the monitor yesterday and immediately noticed too much IPS glow which really made me sad ... Then there is backlight bleed from top 2 corners which is Noticable during dark scenes... Regardless of how many lights i have arround and how low i keep my brightness, its the horrible ips glow thats bothering me. Its just too much. Didn't remember my last acer had this much glow.

I might exchange this Monitor or possibly return it. Im just not able to find a good 2k 240hz Pannel. Decided to buy Samsung g6 from the Samsung app for 30k after discount but it went out of stock now i dont feel like paying anything above 30k for a 2k 240hz Pannel
Which panel does it have? Check from the service menu.

Another thing to keep in mind, this monitor is not compatible with PS5 VRR which is kind of a bummer tbh.

VRR can do wonders when you put (supported) games on unlocked framerate (called performance) mode or 40 fps mode.

Back