Accidentally deleted utorrent files

rohitshakti2

Adept
Oct 10, 2008
godtusigreatho.blogspot.com
I am using utorrent for downloading movies. I have accidentally deleted the files which were downloading from utorrent but the half or more files which have already been downloaded are lying in the folder which i had selected for placing them.

Now i don't have the magnet links which i used for downloading. Can i complete my downloads using the half files placed in folder.

Regards

dreamCatcher

Disciple
Jan 23, 2010
Look in the browser cache / default download location / the temp folders or do a search for that file name and you might find the torrent/magnet file. utorrent almost always keeps a copy in this location C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent, use it to start the download again making sure the location is same as the last one.

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Dec 18, 2009
Ghatkopar, Mumbai
plus.google.com
If you want the .torrent files - just press "Windows key + R" and type "%AppData%" without the quotes in the run dialog box that opens, and then goto the uTorrent folder. A copy of the .torrent file will be there unless while removing the torrent from uTorrent, you also selected the delete the torrent file.

Reactions: Crazy_Eddy

singenaadam

Skilled
Jun 24, 2007
In case of restarting the download, place the files in the download folder. do a "force recheck", this will ensure that utorrent verifies the files correctly & resumes the download.