Aadhaar card

@raksrules, The limit is same everywhere and it is because they don't want to backlog the applications and it takes almost 20 min to complete one application including iris and 10 finger scan, sometimes the 10 finger scans has to be performed twice or thrice due to their crappy scanning software.

Last edited by a moderator:
raksrules, The limit is same everywhere and it is because they don't want to backlog the applications and it takes almost 20 min to complete one application including iris and 10 finger scan, sometimes the 10 finger scans has to be performed twice or thrice due to their crappy scanning software.

Hmm..ok that makes sense. In that case they should ideally open lot more centers and / or employee more people and equipment in the existing centers.

I am now going to go next to next saturday at like 6 AM to the center for registration. Planning to take food and tea along to spend the 4-5 hours waiting in line there. :annoyed:

Mine almost took 25 minutes. And still it didn't get it right. Finally the guy got fed up & took only 8 fingers scan.

Hmm..ok that makes sense. In that case they should ideally open lot more centers and / or employee more people and equipment in the existing centers.

I am now going to go next to next saturday at like 6 AM to the center for registration. Planning to take food and tea along to spend the 4-5 hours waiting in line there. :annoyed:
Yes, ideally they should do that but the things doesn't work that way in india :( All the best to you, I went @ 5 AM for a 10 AM opening time.

Mine almost took 25 minutes. And still it didn't get it right. Finally the guy got fed up & took only 8 fingers scan.
Good for you, the centre where I went for the application and scans was handled by a lady operator and she was not happy anything less than 10 fingers, so she was quite upset when the scan was incomplete for some poor (unfortunate) fellows even after trying 3-4 times, she sent them back and told them to come after 10-15 days, saying that your fingers are not ok or something, and Now your wait begins :)

I remember filling up the form at the post office and visiting the post office around 1-2 years ago for this.. Got my card within 2-3 months.. They clicked a bunch of photos and took fingerprints at the po...

I did all this at the andheri gpo.. Near juhu circle in mumbai..

Unfortunately, there is only one centre near my place and it takes only 100 entries per day. If you all can't believe you are most welcome to witness for yourself. People sit in a queue from 3-4 in the morning!!. It is almost impossible for me to the same. It is almost 2 months now and the situation remains the same. Ridiculous to say the least.
Also the Enrolment Centre Search is not working for me.

thank god i had already received the aadhar card last year.. I didn't have to wait for long for that.. Just 2-3 people in queue. and I was back home within 30 minutes.

thank god i had already received the aadhar card last year.. I didn't have to wait for long for that.. Just 2-3 people in queue. and I was back home within 30 minutes.

This rush is only because of making Aadhaar card mandatory for everything.
Idiots.No other country in the world has such scheme.

What about those who have already deposited amount in their PF Account without an Adhaar card this year?

A few questions -
Adhaar Card asks for Bank Details but when you change jobs in most case the new employer opens a new Salary account for the employee. Does an employee mention his Salary Account or a normal Savings Account that he consistently maintains?
Will I have to provide the Adhaar Details for my PF account in this Fiscal Year? There is no way I can apply for a Card and get it, in that time limit.

Just read this No Aadhar card? No PF transactions - Yahoo! India Finance

looks like its gonna be tough time without Aadhaar card.

I had applied for a card almost a year back with my family, everyone in my family got the card except me & now I don't even have the acknowledgement slip
what should I do now??
is there any chance of tracking my Aadhaar card :unsure:

What about those who have already deposited amount in their PF Account without an Adhaar card this year?

A few questions -
Adhaar Card asks for Bank Details but when you change jobs in most case the new employer opens a new Salary account for the employee. Does an employee mention his Salary Account or a normal Savings Account that he consistently maintains?
Will I have to provide the Adhaar Details for my PF account in this Fiscal Year? There is no way I can apply for a Card and get it, in that time limit.

Read this:
What if you don’t have an Aadhar number?
In case an employee does not have the Aadhaar number, the employer can issue an Enrolment Id (EID) as per the guidelines of the body. This EID would be converted into Aadhaar number later on, the order said.

@tech.addict - I read that part. Will the EID given to me from office be valid if the Aadhar card procedure is not completed by 31st March 2013 or if there is a goof up and I am given a different Aadhar number?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just back from aadhaar center and it was full

The concerned person told me people either sleep overnight or come at 4 AM. Now the earliest i can go is next saturday and i plan to reach there at 3 AM along with my phone and battery pack (so i can watch TV series) and sit there. They told they can only take 140 applications in a single day.

raksrules No centers near your location which have facility for online appointment?

I took a online appointment went to the center at the time mentioned. Came out within 20 mins. The ones with online appointments are given preferences.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, just saw there is no center in pune with the online appointment facility.

Back