A Windows Mobile?

seems like it doesnt have a touchscreen though...:no: And the screen at 2.4 inch is a tad bit small...:p moreover, how HTC sets up its aftersales operations here, remains to be seen..;)

Saw the ad for it in the newspaper yesterday. Price is listed as 17k. Will check it out on Monday when I go to buy the phone. Would have definitely preferred a bigger touchscreen like you said. Have seen their service centers in Madras, so that might not be a big problem.

Raghu.

^^ i think it wud be better if u amass a bit more and get the O2 XDA atom w/o bill for 20k....imo, thts a much better purchase than this phone........its got a large touchscreen as well..overall i think, its a better buy than this one..:)

Im with a budget of 11k or so only. I will be stretching in case I decide to get the HTC. 20k is a definitely not possible.

@nvidiabeast, I couldnt find wm6 on the site. Can you help me out?

Raghu.

Raghunandan said:
Im with a budget of 11k or so only. I will be stretching in case I decide to get the HTC. 20k is a definitely not possible.

@nvidiabeast, I couldnt find wm6 on the site. Can you help me out?

Raghu.

dude why not try imate sp5 m its arnd 12k .... wm5 , wifi :hap2:
not a touch screen tough:(
large screen n great resolution
its 1 1/5yrs since its released...might be difficult to find one ....:ashamed:

^^ Thats the phone Im looking to buy. I have mentioned it in Post #17. Its available online for 11k. The WM6 update for this phone seems to be taking time (Thanks Satan). Tried the O2 XDA Atom at my friends place today and found it too big. The phone itself is very good, but just not worth the price for me.

The cheapest windows mobile I can find is the Krome IQ200 for about 5-5.5k. Looks like a well featured phone - expansion slot and windows for so cheap!

Raghu.

HTC Touch is also a decent phone. Similar specs to the Wizard (K-Jam). Enhanced for an iPhone like tactile interface. You can get it on eBay (not India) for about Rs. 20k

@ Raghu... I'd suggest you stick to HTC devices. They're tried and tested and are quite easy to troubleshoot with all the unofficial support available.

Upgrading to WM6 shouldn't be factor to consider while buying a phone considering WM6 doesn't have too much going for it. The differece between WM5 and WM6 can be compared to the difference between XP and Vista.... mostly visual.

1) WM6 has a more crisp and colorful set of icons
2) Pocket Outlook has support for HTML
3) Newer AKU resulting in some fixes relating to A2DP (not such a big deal considering most ROM chefs had addressed this problem in the previos versions)

I heard about that, although I couldn't find it on ebay.in.

Do you know an HTC dealer in India I can get in touch with to get the TOUCH ? :p

satan said:
Do you know an HTC dealer in India I can get in touch with to get the TOUCH ?

The touch is available for 19.9k.......saw the ad yesterday in newspaper...

Whr r u from?? Its available in Delhi, Jaina marketing appliances, Ph. no. 9910821100, 9310746555..........

And in Mumbai, Advanced Mobile trading co. Ph. no. 022-25774707 / 08 , 9819442244...........

Hope tht helps........:)

Back