Less than 10K A secondary phone with good Battery Life

Deb0

Disciple
Hi friends,
As the title suggest im in need of a Secondary phone for mainly Calls, Music and messaging (Fb & Watsapp) a bit.
For this i need a phone with GOOD BATTERY BACKUP and a Good Speaker (For calls and music) & Dual sim (Not Necessarily)
I have shortlisted some of the phones but none of them really stands out :-
1. Nokia Lumia 520 ( This is the best phone in my price range but the only problem being its a single sim phone and its micro. And my other phone being a normal sim i couldn't exchange the sim b/w my phones if i need)
2. Lenovo P770 (Out of my budget but satisfy all my needs. Can anyone suggest any other Lenovo phone close to it, may be with smaller screen which fits into my budget ?)
3. Sony Xperia E Dual (Really liked the reviews abt its sound but on the other hand seen bad reviews of its battery life and its a single core phone)
4. Some XOLO phones (Q700, A500 S - seems good with the features but not sure abt the Battery backup with so many mixed reviews in Flipkart dont know whom to trust and whom not to :p )

So try to help me choose anyone of the above or suggest anything else.
I am open for any Brand or OS as far as the phone is good and can fulfill the above points.
Thanks in Advance :)

Get the Nokia Asha one. A friend has it as backup phone and it has like awesome battery life etc.

Also, you an get one of those little plastic sim converters off ebay. It changes a micro SIM to full size SIM when needed.

yea im not going to buy asha phones ...my sister have it and i cant type a damn thing ...the touchscreen is a crap .
@xtremevicky ..yea i think i will go with the lumia 520 and Flipkart is giving 10 % cashback with sbi credit cards too.

I am using XOLO q700, from last 1 month. For me its doing really good. Very good battery (2g-internet + 2hr of talk + 1 hr of game), at-lest lasts for 1 day. But i dont know about the service of XOLO.
And my bro is using Lumia 520 from last 4 months. Its also doing really good (performance). Good in resolution, picture clarity, photos taken with sunlight. But still LUMIA is a windows phone, not android. Very less apps and lot of limitations. You cant even find "File browser" in it, No FM, and no Flash. You cant make your favorite song as ring tone directly (you can do it using some apps). Battery is also medium and not user friendly. So if you are "OK" with the "windows 8" limitations, 520 is the best mobile around 7.5k

@sandyksv Thanks for your reply. I have Galaxy note for all the android needs and other things like radio, camera etc. So i opted for Lumia which has fast and clear OS, which i have heard from many of my friends who have this phone. Will use it only for calls and Music and i heard their is a app for file browser but u have to pay which is ok with me :)
And im getting a new Os to test ..and this is will also help me choose the OS of my next phone wen i will replace my Galaxy note.[DOUBLEPOST=1386337895][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for all the replies guys :)
Ordered Lumia 520 (Cyan) through Flipkart with Amzer Case (Black).

Last edited:
I cant understand how people recommend asha phones. It has the worst touchscreen i have ever used in any phone.

Well, you must have used asha 305, I have used same. Resisitve touch screen, feels very bad. I have used asha 309 too, quite good touch capacitive screen, comfortable shape to hold and type messages. I have used Asha 501, bought it for 4.8K. Very good touchscreen, swiping, messaging everything is fast, till I installed whatsapp, which slowed down the phone to 4 times and made it lag like hell. Its battery used to last for 4 days, amazing in that aspect. So if you want calls + messages, then but asha, else definitely no for apps. This is from a user who is not an app junkie.

Once i bought, ZTE Mtag CDMA handset for 4K and its touchscreen was better than asha 501 but at maximum volume , the ringtones was soooooooooooo low that I had to sell it. Just wanted to share.

umm guys the OP has already ordered his Lumia 520!
Its a great phone and with the OP's usage pattern it will last him a day .
@Deb0 do use the battery saver option and you will get 10-15% better battery life!

Back