A possible Turbo SIM kind of Unlock for iPhone 4 emerges !

Re: A possible Turbo Sum Kind of Unlock for iPhone 4 emerges !

Count me in if its around 2.5k. Are we sure this will work for a long enough time, if not forever? People have pointed out that a simple "fix" by the cell operators could render this trick useless.

Actually I shave already placed an order for 3 pieces and should be in my hands by tomorrow. The costing is around 3.5k give or take a hundred. If you guys want more pieces then let me know. Maybe I would able to arrange a few.

Hmm I will wait for you to post the feedback on the same once you get it .BTW , where did you order it from and whats the shipping period ?

Got a friend's friend to get it for and get it shipped from china... The shipping period is more or less a week maybe... Still have to get mine...

@Switch, a coworker of mine is stuck with a "dead" iPhone4 :)

How can I get one of these unlocking thingies from you? What cost (3.5k?) and what is the procedure and versions/firmware will it work with? (total apple noob/hater here) :D

Okey... Update... It here... And it works... Will be adding few pics later...

Took no time to get here. Already tried two sets in two iphones and worked from the word go.

Just one set left and it will be shipped to banglore today only to ninbychoice. This thing did not get in stuck with customs by the gods grace :p

If you guys want it then post here. I can arrange small amount of pieces but there needs to be at-least an order of 5+ to make it worth getting. Approximate price Rs 3500 for 5 and gets less if order becomes more.

7ab1cb70-7a27-378e.jpg

Here is pic for the unconvinced.

Tried facetime it works. Still have to try 3G. SMS works so should MMS.

Never ever rely in third party sites for iphone unlock. Always follow Dev Team Blog. The 4.2.1 unlock is out since ages and is known as ultra recycle but is only for Iphone 3G and 3GS. That wont work on a iPhone 4.

^^ Switch can you tell how it works ? i mean dialing the 112 no and stuff. Do you have to do it everytime phone goes out of range ?

Well i don't know about other states but in NCR my carrier i.e. Vodaphone has awesome service and it never goes out of range. I have a jailbroken phone so even after respringing the phone does not require you to do the procedure again.

@Switch, if there is no unlock available from DevTeam, then count me in for one of the TurboSIM unlocks at your price of Rs. 3500/- is fine... shipping will be to Pune so need to take care of Octroi expenses also... hopefully a good courier like TNT or one of your choice should do.

Let me know when you are ready to ship it to me and I will PM you my home and/or office address :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Another question, suppose I get the TurboSIM and it works on my coworker's iPhone4, but he does not want it or wants to get rid of his phone - can I re-use this SIM on another iPhone4 again?

Switch said:
Just one set left and it will be shipped to banglore today only to ninbychoice. This thing did not get in stuck with customs by the gods grace :p

Thanks a lot! How easy is the unlocking process? I will have to wait till my friend arrives to try it out.

vishalrao said:
Another question, suppose I get the TurboSIM and it works on my coworker's iPhone4, but he does not want it or wants to get rid of his phone - can I re-use this SIM on another iPhone4 again?

Yup, you can use it again.

Unlock process is pretty simple. I would advise to get a microsim from the service provider as lowballing kings carrier sim wasn't cut perfectly and hence it was not possible to make the unlock permanent. He would be sourcing a new sim today from vodaphone.

My phone is start working with the help of gevey sim. I got the gevey yesterday but it wasn't working coz my sim's shape was not proper so I got a new micro sim from Voda and chopped lil bit again before inserting into the phone. Now phone is working without any probs.

Now I have iphone not an iPod

Special thnx to Switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Kick ass . I am trying to arrange for a little more reasonable price .~2.7-3K . Anyone's interested ? Might start an IC soon .

Back