A noob's guide on buying consoles!

Re: A noob's guide to which console to get!

funjabi said:
95%- 3.60 or 3.65

4%-3.72

1%- 3.55

If you are God- 3.41 :)
Thanks for that

All the shops now have Oct 11 import packages :(

Most probably i'll be buying move bundle from letsbuy. Have to wait for the CFW of 3.6. Too impatient to be without a PS3. Hope the CFW comes out early. Any idea when it'll be out? is it worth waiting or should i not bother about the FW?

and can any one provide me with a complete list of games which is playable directly on 3.65?

i have no ideas of updating my firmware anytime soon, just in case a CFW is in the near future. i dont want to buy a game which wont run on 3.65 or 3.60 and needs updated FW.

Aman27deep said:
In Hawaii? Lucky guy :p Yes you can mod it yourself, look up some guides online. Though it's really not noob friendly.

no not hawaii :( i play a lot of TDU2 ;)

i ordered xbox 360 on 25th dec from letsbuy :( cancelled next day. still waiting for refund :/

can i use HDMI to VGA cables [Rs.350 ones] to play on a CRT monitor?? LCD will be used with PS3

Appended some points w.r.t. voltage specs of the consoles and playback of region-locked content. A member had PM'ed me asking me of the same.

Friends i am buying a new PS3 160GB console urgently.

I am paying by credit card. I have two options letsbuy.com and flipkart.com

Flipkart has no offer and is selling it for 16990.

Letsbuy is selling it for 16149 with a free controller.

The problem with letsbuy.com is that i have never purchased anything from them and am skeptical

about security of the online transaction and delivery.

I have bought a lot of stuff from Fllipkart and i am very satisfied.

Whom should i buy from as it is a big transaction?

I bought the 160gb one from letsbuy.com

Ive bought things worth more than 40000 from letsbuy and ive never been disappointed.

Yes, They are very slow in shipment. But the packing and handling is good.

So,

If you dont mind the price and want quick delivery plus A1 customer service then FLIPKART is GOD!

If you can wait about 1 week and your location is near or in any Metro City then LETSBUY is way to go!
In my opinion, if you want to buy from flipkart only, then its better to go to SONY WORLD and buy directly from them
<

Price is same and its the Best Option one can get!

Hoping to see u soon in the PS3 scene
<

I bought the 160gb one from letsbuy.com

Ive bought things worth more than 40000 from letsbuy and ive never been disappointed.

Yes, They are very slow in shipment. But the packing and handling is good.

So,

If you dont mind the price and want quick delivery plus A1 customer service then FLIPKART is GOD!

If you can wait about 1 week and your location is near or in any Metro City then LETSBUY is way to go!

In my opinion, if you want to buy from flipkart only, then its better to go to SONY WORLD and buy directly from them
<

Price is same and its the Best Option one can get!

Hoping to see u soon in the PS3 scene
<

Thanks for the suggestion.So i will buy from letsbuy then.

You can see here that both flipkart and letsbuy are good and going for anyone of them is a good idea.

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/internet-www/145536-online-shopping-guide-feedback-thread.html

@Mods: Kindly let me know if posting a link to another forum is allowed. I have gone through the rules which state putting link in sig. are not allowed so I presumed this to be okay.

Flipkart has excellent service. Letsbuy has better pricing.

Also once you get it buy second hand games from here or in IVG (I just splurged 5k in there for a LOT of games
<
, I am all set for a year or two now
<
)

I am not sure those percentage figures stack up but there is every chance of picking up an old unit from a lesser known retailer in a city.

QC did you get one as yet or are you still searching for one?

My brother gifted me a red ps3 controller! Loved playing Mortal Kombat, Fight night, and (not completed) Killzone 3 Co-op with him!
I am not sure those percentage figures stack up but there is every chance of picking up an old unit from a lesser known retailer in a city.

Yup, I'd still say look for Display consoles, they give you discount on those, and you can easily check the FW version. Like in the Reliance Digital store my bro got the PS3 controller from, their PS3 was running on 3.55 OFW, that's a gold of a console!

I am searching a bit.But i think it depends on luck too.Anyways if i dont find one maybe in the end have to settle with the latest FW only.

I searched around 30 shops in delhi as i wanted <3.55 only. (In december)

Here are the details of my search (i intend to prove nothing but its totally unbiased)

--> In the grey markets (gaffar/pallika)- These Smart guyz stock the old consoles and sell the new ones. The new ones with 3.6 or above are sold at same price as on letsbuy. The Old consoles however are sold at a premium, for ex upto 23000 for the 320gb Move version.

--> I checked around 4-5 Sony Worlds in Delhi, all of them had mostly October 2011 Pkgs. 1-2 had april 2011 ones too but u cant be sure they are <3.55

--> I checked other stores like croma,reliance digital, vijay sales and all of them had August 2011 packages, which again depend on ur luck, it may or maynot be 3.50. I wanted to buy from croma but the price was same and no discount was offered.

Finally I ordered from letsbuy, the 160gb one and that too on EMI
<

I was extremely lucky to get a SEPT 2011 SKU with 3.55
<

So My guess is, u cant be sure by looking at the packing date, it depends on ur luck too!

As someone said, the showroom pieces on display can be bought cheaper as well as u can be sure of the FW beforehand!

I am searching a bit.But i think it depends on luck too.Anyways if i dont find one maybe in the end have to settle with the latest FW only.

Let me know if you want me to find one from Surat and ship it across to you. I am sure I can find one gathering dust in some shop somewhere around.

Hey all!

I've waited since September or so to find a 2010 console, or a 80/120/250 GB PS3 so that I get <3.55 FW. Sadly, nothing happened.

Now, I'm getting a 2 month old xBox 360 with Kinect for cheaper than retail price. I didn't ask him a deal so far.

Is it worth getting a 160 gig PS3 from Letsbuy or search for some more time or simply grab this xBox?

How tough is xBox modding (Is it possible on all consoles)

Please enlighten this n00b.

360 modding is not user friendly but once done MS can't stop you.IMO 360 is way better than PS3

Hey all!

I've waited since September or so to find a 2010 console, or a 80/120/250 GB PS3 so that I get <3.55 FW. Sadly, nothing happened.

Now, I'm getting a 2 month old xBox 360 with Kinect for cheaper than retail price. I didn't ask him a deal so far.

Is it worth getting a 160 gig PS3 from Letsbuy or search for some more time or simply grab this xBox?

How tough is xBox modding (Is it possible on all consoles)

Please enlighten this n00b.

For great exclusives and other games get PS3. But if you're looking for ahem games go for xbox as ps3 scene is pretty much dead right now.

Back