A good 2.1 speaker under 4k suggestion

You need to go a bit over top of your budget if you want a decent sounding set. Check Out the Obage HT-303. It goes for around 4.1k in sales.

You need to go a bit over top of your budget if you want a decent sounding set. Check Out the Obage HT-303. It goes for around 4.1k in sales.
I have that exact model for my pc, im unhappy. 2 of the 3 ICs got burned out just out of warranty. Even tho the repair cost was not substantial, it was a hassle. Had to get it done in a local repair shop.

Is F&D any good ?

I used an F&D pair for over 5 years. It was F&D F550X, bought in May 2016 and sold off in September 2021 when I upgraded to a home theater system.

The sound quality was pretty good for the price. I would say it was loud enough, but don't know what levels you are looking for. I had bought it for 4k back then, but now it sells for 5.5k.

You can check locally if the price is lower or you can look for F&D A180X, which will be within your budget. It has a lower RMS than 550x, but sattelite speakers have the same 14 watt RMS, only subwoofer has lower RMS.

Back