A decent phone for 20-25K

LaatSahab

Skilled
Finally I'm upgrading my phone after 2 years so here's what I'm looking for:
  1. Should have great media player, I mean FLAC, AAC, AVI, MP4, it should be capable of handling all.
  2. WiFi
  3. GPS, I don't want A-GPS
  4. Screen should be big enough and have high enough res. for good media playback.

I would prefer Nokia but I'm also open for Android platform too, be it Sony Ericsson or Samsung or HTC.

If there is any decent offering from Blackberry then lay it too out here.:cool2:

OP whats with that A GPS thingy .A-GPS doesn't mean it will use your data connection .I have a spica with AGPS .I don't have a data connection but GPS works like charm .I am using Sygic maps and its brilliant so is N-drive :) :)

A-GPS doesn't necessarily need to use your data connection to get a lock. It can use a variety of known locations (cell towers etc.).

However I think the biggest negative would be that the GPS may not work in a area where there is no 'Assistance'. For e.g. if you are lost in a desert / forest etc. (of course the chances of that happening is quite remote :eek:hyeah: )

More here

Boot_Comp said:
I'm not too sure about that.

But the best way would be to see at the phone specs page if it mentions standalone GPS instead of assuming it does this.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW aGPS isn't that bad either. Here's some interesting info I found
At least for any qualcomm chipset based phone (which uses qualcomm's integrated GPS and not a separate chip), you can buy the phone without a doubt that standalone mode will be supported.

N8 anytime(xenon flash,hdmi port,us on the go(1st on any mobile),full touch))

apart from the symbian os which is comparitively slow than android this set has everything u need

its for 26,300 here in chandigarh

going to be launched on 15th this month

***sorry for the caps****

m alos planning to get it and moreover the preorder booking has alreday started.so go ahead and order it now

I'm confused between the N8, N900 and Galaxy S. The N8's screen res. is low as compared to the other two but then N900's screen is Resistive touch and Samsung Galaxy S has no major feature missing as compared to N8, just a lower MP camera and the lack of USB OTG. Will wait till month end and see if there is any drop in the price of the 3 phones and will take the plunge then.

I would remove N900 from the equation.

N8 screen resolution is perfect for 3.5" display. The display is very good actually. It's crisp, bright and vibrant. But unless you are after a cameraphone, I would suggest to for for SGS instead of N8.

No, my primary concern is the screen size and res. as I want to watch movies on it on the move and also the audio quality as it will double up as my audio player too. Basically I'm looking for the ultimate convergence device ;)

Ryunosuke said:
No, my primary concern is the screen size and res. as I want to watch movies on it on the move and also the audio quality as it will double up as my audio player too. Basically I'm looking for the ultimate convergence device ;)
hmm. Do remember that watching videos on any phone with 3.5"+ display drains the battery really really fast. For your requirement, SGS would be the best bet. And do buy an extra battery when you purchase the phone.

1. 4" Super AMOLED is superb for watching movies
2. native support for DivX
3. superb audio quality and premium headphones bundled in the package.

Back