A Basic Portable-25k

ariendj

The Doctor
Adept
  • What's your Budget? 25K max.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Surfing,Skype,movies,document veiwing
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? 12-14'
  • Any brand that you prefer? Any
  • Any other considerations? Webcam, Min 3 hrs backup,comfy keys preferably chiclet keys ,low heating,matt screen
  • Details: Just looking for a netbook or notebook at this range,dont want to spend much as my usage is pretty much basic.have been using a dell studio and love the keys and dont like the inspiron keys which feels flimpsy!have Win 7 home premium and so laps with DOS are also fine for me.
  • Expert suggestions as per my requirements and budget is most welcome..

Have a 17" lcd screen for viewing in case of small screen.

You need to specify more details about your portability needs as 14'' is NOT PORTABLE.

• What's your Budget? 25K max.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Surfing,Skype,movies,document veiwing
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? 12-14'
  • Any brand that you prefer? Any
  • Any other considerations? Webcam, Min 3 hrs backup,comfy keys,low heating
  • Details: Just looking for a netbook or notebook at this range,dont want to spend much as my usage is pretty much basic.have been using a dell studio and love the keys and dont like the inspiron keys which feels flimpsy!have Win 7 home premium and so laps with DOS are also fine for me.
  • Expert suggestions as per my requirements and budget is most welcome..

You need to specify more details about your portability needs as 14'' is NOT PORTABLE.

im looking for something between 1.5 - 2.2kg

this includes anything from a 12" to 14"

i have been using a 15.6" dell studio and has been very impractical on grounds of portability and battery issues!!

since im a light user and have specified my requirments which are surfing and chatting including skype.and occasional document veiwing and movies.

Asus X44H-VX025D would be suitable for you. Just plug in another 2GB RAM which will make your work butter smooth.

would like to know hows the keyboard of the mentioned lap!

would also like to know hows a 12 incher screen on the eyes for few hours use daily!!is it strainful?

Yes, 12'' strains your eyes if you use it for 2-3 hrs continuously. I think you should get a 14'' ~ 2.2KG.

Also check out Samsung Laptops in your price range they are really well built.

^^please mention model number!

• have added few more requirements such as matt screen and preferable chiclet keys for better typing.
  • also have a 17 inch lcd monitor in case of small screen
  • have also considered the lenovo X120e due to having all requirements ticked but need more feedback

Back