Graphic Cards 9800 Pro or 6600 non-GT

Apex

Skilled
9800 Pro or 6600 non-GT

Which one to get? budget within - 5k

which will be a better investment for gaming at 1024x768 res and why?

AGP platform...:D

do I have any other choice?

9800 Pro anyday !

BTW, from where do you plan to get one cause I checked up a lot of distris for my freind but that card isn't available anymore...

Anish said:
9800 Pro anyday !

BTW, from where do you plan to get one cause I checked up a lot of distris for my freind but that card isn't available anymore...

incase of 9800pro, i plan to get a 2nd hand/used card

for 6600, i'll get a new one with warranty. :)

^^Make sure the 2nd hand card has warranty. 9800 pros have a nasty habit of dying in the extreme indian climate unless you slap a vga/ati silencer on them.

OT.. ^^ given the price of a 2nd hand 9800PRo hovering around 5k, how much wud a 2nd hand w/o wrnty but w/VGA silencer fetch? :D

Chaos said:
^^Make sure the 2nd hand card has warranty. 9800 pros have a nasty habit of dying in the extreme indian climate unless you slap a vga/ati silencer on them.

You are spoiling someone's sale here. :bleh: ANyway do they really heat up that much.

@ Mask

plz no OT posts here :tongue:

@Chaos

its very difficult to get 2nd hand products esp. 9800pro with warranty :(

but u do have a valid point.

@everyone

thanx for ur replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well speak to Suraj or Surekha from Mediatech and ask, they *may* have a Powercolor 9800Pro (XT more likely) left.... with 3-year warranty

9800 pro any day..
heating up is not an issue if u keep them in a nice and a well ventilated cabby..
i'm running one with absolutely no issues...

if i was in chennai i would have given my old 9800pro + silencer for 4-4.5k .. that card is lying around there some place , lol

bottle said:
if i was in chennai i would have given my old 9800pro + silencer for 4-4.5k .. that card is lying around there some place , lol

yeah..i know...its lying under ur bed :rofl:

@Anish

thanx m8..i'll ask em abt it. :)

@masky

dude..if u din't get tat..i was just joking :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back