Android 7" Tablet with calling facility

Vinny

Disciple
Hi Folks, need to replace my ageing Galaxy SL i9003. Rather than go for an expensive phone, was thinking of buying a tablet and use it for browsing, movie watching, occasional moderate gaming and calling.

Currently thinking of Asus Fonepad(2013). Seems to be better than Samsung equivalent. Also not interested in Karbonn, Micromax, etc. Should I go ahead or is there anything good round the corner?[DOUBLEPOST=1388904900][/DOUBLEPOST]Gah can't decide between using Fonepad(2013) or Nexus 7(2013) wifi version. Calling facility/sd card /gps tablet or tablet with better hardware. If nexus, i will still have to carry around my ancient mobile. My budget is 20-25k max.
If only the Nexus came with call facility /sigh

Last edited:
Bought it from Croma for 16999. Got an 8gb SD card and 1 year norton AV free with it.
Flipkart was retailing for same price, but with a BT earpiece free.

@Vinny , i am buying this tab...
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Asus-Fonepad...ets&hash=item417b439e31&_uhb=1#ht_7415wt_1562

looks like steal price with 7% off coupon. can you pls give us some idea on accessories needed? which case you bought..?

Only generic cases are available. Waiting to see if something specific to it gets released.
As of now just bought a screen guard and a BT earphone. The speakers are too big. While I can use it as a phone directly, the conversation becomes audible to people near you haha :)
Other than that no issues. Pretty decent tablet. Jack of all trades, master of none. Good screen, good browsing, music, videos. Decent gaming etc.

It does not have gorilla glass, so got to be careful...I cracked screen by mistake(still dunno how it happened. No other scratches, just one big crack), sent it for replacement. Their estimate is around 9k in damages. Yeah, i dunno whether to cry or laugh over spending 9k on a 17k tablet :)

I need it as a phone though, so no regrets about not buying a Nexus 7!

Only generic cases are available. Waiting to see if something specific to it gets released.
As of now just bought a screen guard and a BT earphone. The speakers are too big. While I can use it as a phone directly, the conversation becomes audible to people near you haha :)
Other than that no issues. Pretty decent tablet. Jack of all trades, master of none. Good screen, good browsing, music, videos. Decent gaming etc.

It does not have gorilla glass, so got to be careful...I cracked screen by mistake(still dunno how it happened. No other scratches, just one big crack), sent it for replacement. Their estimate is around 9k in damages. Yeah, i dunno whether to cry or laugh over spending 9k on a 17k tablet :)

I need it as a phone though, so no regrets about not buying a Nexus 7!

ohh sorry to hear....
and excellent tab.
i bought this tab in ebay..but unfortunately i got 'dead on arrival' tab. seller says, he sold almost 1000 tabs and my case is the first one.
got replacement in two days from local dealer and even he surprised. he says, he rarely gets dead fonepad.

any thoughts on HP Slate Voice Tab 7?

Decent tab with dual sim 3G Capable retails at Rs 16999/-.

As a HP Employee I get it at Rs 12699 /- with 6 6 EMI and 0% interest ...im thinking of it :)

Back