7" phablet suggestions

pr.itdude

Disciple
Please pour in your suggestions for a 7" phablet that would be used for:

Internet surfing (So 3G is required via sim-slot)
Movie/Video watching (a good display)
Occasional gaming (1GB Ram, 1GHz dual core proccy is common these days)

Must have good battery runtime (atleast 4-5hrs after full charge)

Oops forgot to say....don't want to spend too much; budget is around 10K. I don't mind trying hands on branded-chinese :wink.gif_1:

Personal reviews or links are also appreciated. :)

so,according to your specific needs, i have found 3 solid tablets within your specified budget.
1. Zync Z1000 Tablet - Zync: Flipkart.com

Z1000 Tablet price-rs.11000

this one's a little tricky,it's display is bugger than you want,i.e 9.7 inches.but i think it's still worth it.the resolution is 1024x768,which is the maximum you are gonna find in your budget.you get your precious sim slot(with 3g support) along with a 1.5 Ghz single core processor(possibly cortex A8) and a mali 400mp gpu(unknown number of cores,my guess?2).2 ,because,i think it employs the allwinner A10 SoC,although it's cpu frequency doesn't inspire much confidence in the said theory.(because generally the cpu runs at 1.2 Ghz in said SoC).the bigger screen can be beneficial while watching movies.another advantage is that it is up-gradable to 4.1 JB. RAM: 1GB.

2.Milagrow MGPT04 -16GB Tablet - Milagrow: Flipkart.com

MGPT04 -16GB Tabletprice: rs.9000

there is another version of this tab with only 4GB internal storage,which is priced at rs.6500,in case you would want to switch the high amount of storage for an odd 2500 bucks.this tab also sports the 3g enabling sim card slot,along with the allwinner a10 SoC,and as such you get a 1.2 Ghz cortex a8 processor and the mali 400mp2 gpu.this tab comes with ICS,and only 512 MB ram.one major advantage of this tab is it's thinness,only 6.5mm thick.screen res is only 800 x 600.also,the screen size is 7 inches.

3.karboon smart tab 8

http://www.flipkart.com/karbonn-sma...4e782-3eb0-4fc7-b36f-021a75a17db3price:7300so

this is the tab i most prefer,because it has the best hardware in your budget.the processor is dual core 1.5Ghz cortex A9,and the gpu is unknown,but rest assured i think it is a sufficient one(it supports HD video playback).it comes preloaded with JB 4.1,so thats a bonus.RAM: 1GB.the screen size is 8 inches but the res is 1024x768,so it has the best ppi of the 3 tabs mentioned in my post.BUT,there's a big caveat for you here,which is that it does not have a sim card slot and that may be a deal breaker for you.(Although it does support 3g dongles).

so if you absolutely cannot live without a sim card slot then leave the karbonn tab out of the fray,and pick up the zync tab,mainly for it's better res,more amount of RAM,and more screen real estate.but ultimately the choice is yours.i would advice you to first check these tabs out yourself from wherever you choose to buy one,these are popular tabs so you should not have a problem finding them in the market.but if you do,then you can obviously check out flipkart.

iBall slide has some serious usb port problems, i had mine exchanged with galaxy. Good thing they gave me a credit note :)

Yes Absolutely....its better to be on safe side by spending few more bucks on reputed brands. Don't know when these start behaving strangely :(

Back