6630 ram size too low?

archish

Skilled
I was just googling about 6630 and I found that 6630 has got only 10mb ram in it. On comparison with 6600 which has 30mb ram. Due to the small 10mb ram size 6630 will suffer in multitasking. Is it true? You can find the ram size by installing appman and doing a reboot and checking the freemem in appman. Does anyone know what is the ram size of 6680 and 6681?

lol. 6600 has 6 mb ram. N70 has 30mb ram, currently the maximum memory offered by Symbian 60 :p

Seeing as how 6600 is kinda' slow, 6630 having 10mb ram should run just a lil' faster.

I hate symbian so yea yea ram sucks .. i wud like to see around 32 mb ram tht the nokia offers in their series 40 handsets.but for real 6630 is a lil faster slowest is 6600 then 3230 then 7610.

archish said:
hmm the phone memory is being used as ram? Isnt there any seperate ram??
6600 is the slowest of the lot with a slow processor and only 6 mb ram..

A lot depends on the processor along with the ram provided in the smartphones..
the 6630 has a ARM 5 processor operating at 220 mhz..and it is way faster than the 7610 which has an ARM4T processor running at 123 mhz...
Also widening of system memory area plays it role here. disk D in 6630 has 8758 KB against 1403 in Nokia 7610.

66305su.gif

The processor on the 6630 is really good (226 Mhz) but the Ram could have use some improvement. If I did'nt already own it, I would have gone for the N70 (too bad it was'nt there back when I bought the 6630)

i did a small test yesterday. I copied a 5mb file to the phone memory and checked the available free memory and it still showed 8mb free while my phone memory was having only 3mb free space. I think there is seperate ram and the phone memory is not being used as the ram.

archish said:
i did a small test yesterday. I copied a 5mb file to the phone memory and checked the available free memory and it still showed 8mb free while my phone memory was having only 3mb free space. I think there is seperate ram and the phone memory is not being used as the ram.

Yep, use FExplorer to see the mem split.

x86 said:
I hate symbian so yea yea ram sucks .. i wud like to see around 32 mb ram tht the nokia offers in their series 40 handsets.but for real 6630 is a lil faster slowest is 6600 then 3230 then 7610.
U hate anything that didn't come straight outta Kol...doncha dada :bleh: ?? xcept for me and your D...:p
Nahi yaar 6630 is quite fast, its the proccy that counts and the 6680 is also slower than the 6630. the 6630 has a 220 MHz proccy as compared to the 100 MHz 6600 which was a POS (ditto 7610) IMO :p

Yeah the memory on the N70 is 32 MB and its interface is faster but not but a great deal...

iBrood said:
The processor on the 6630 is really good (226 Mhz) but the Ram could have use some improvement. If I did'nt already own it, I would have gone for the N70 (too bad it was'nt there back when I bought the 6630)
@ archish too... I have both the phones... initially hated the N70's smaller screen but some TE guys knocked sense inta me..:p Now i find the N70 gud

vandal said:
@ archish too... I have both the phones... initially hated the N70's smaller screen but some TE guys knocked sense inta me..:p Now i find the N70 gud
What did they say?

^^^That N70 is good :p

In FExplorer it says Memory size like this

C: 9928KB<flash>

D: 1883KB<RAM>

Z: NA(My memroy is card is out of the phone actually:p)<ROM>

everyone is deviating a bit. Well back to the topic. In my test I copied a 5mb file to the phone memory and it had only 3 mb free space as seen in Fexplorer but the free ram was still being shown 7mb so there is a seperate ram used for apps and the phone memory is not being used as ram. this is the point which i am trying to tell all.

Back