Remaining Warranty Period
Lost invoice.
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Not in use
CPU+Mobo+RAM ₹30,000.
GTX 1080 FE ₹8000.

//GPU: No display during boot(mostly). But works after Windows boot. No other issue(s).

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_1335.jpeg
    IMG_1335.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 425
No, I just use game ready drivers. Board show VGA led but the gpu is working fine. This is my backup GPU. But I think it’s just eating space.

No. Not selling the cooler for now. Only if I mini-ITX my next build.

I know a trick to see the boot menu with this gpu. Keep the display on(open inbuilt menu), don’t let it go to sleep while cold booting from start. Let me see how to flash the gpu bios. If it work, I will happily ask more for the gpu.

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpeg
    IMG_1343.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1344.jpeg
    IMG_1344.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 258
It's highly likely that updating GPU firmware (vBIOS) will fix the black screen until windows issue. It's a common issue with old cards running on UEFI systems and you can google about it.
Yes i had same issue with 3080 as well. Only affects display port. HDMI worked fine.
So if HDMI/vga also does not work then issue might be something else.

After firmware update. No more VGA LED or error (3)beeps during cold boot. But I can see the bios screen during some boots(HDMI).

Attachments

• IMG_1346.jpeg
    IMG_1346.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1347.jpeg
    IMG_1347.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
I know a trick to see the boot menu with this gpu. Keep the display on(open inbuilt menu), don’t let it go to sleep while cold booting from start.
Then it's not that the GPU doesn't output a signal until Windows boots, but your display switches from one input to the next looking for a signal. Unless it was working "properly" before

It's highly likely that updating GPU firmware (vBIOS) will fix the black screen until windows issue. It's a common issue with old cards running on UEFI systems and you can google about it.
Update 10.09.23 : DP, blank screen issue is now fixed. HDMI still boot with blank screen(50-50). Switching from UEFI to legacy boot mode fixed the HDMI as well. Any firmware update/fix available for HDMI port? Asking normal GPU price @₹12k shipped. Thanks for pointing out the problem.
Proof.
Display port.

Last edited:
All PMs replied. Zotac GTX 1080 FE 12k shipped(2016 purchase. 5yrs warranty over).

Note: Stop lowballing in the end. Pls be clear about the price before asking other questions. Specially new users with 0 / 0 / 0 stats.

Last edited:
Specially new users with 0 / 0 / 0 stats.
Just fyi, 0/0/0 stats are common for both new members as well as older members who never bought/sold anything here so check the member's joining date & posts by hovering the cursor over member name to differentiate between them. :)

//GPU: No display during boot(mostly). But works after Windows boot. No other issue(s).
That's a known issue with Pascal GPUs and newer motherboards. I face the same with my 1080Ti and x570/B550 boards as well.
If the only displays connected to the GPU are over HDMI, they work. Displays connected over DP have the issue.
Setting x16 slot to gen3 and enabling CSM in boot options fixes the issue I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back