55 inch TV within 80k

Sanav3

Adept
Hi all,

Looking for suggestions about a tv for 80k. Confused with various versions of qled and need advice to find the idle TV. I need a reliable brand like Samsung, LG or Sony. I cannot go beyond 55 inch as have designed the tv unit according to measurements of a 55 inch tv. I would prefer something with a thin profile.

Is your budget fixed? Wait for Diwali sale and see if you can grab an C1 OLED for 1L.
If budget is fixed then check out Samsung Frame. Buy only after checking it out offline and negotiating price, usually they'll give discounts plus credit card cashback.

You should check Sony x90J. I don't own it but heard many good reviews about it. Checks all boxes for gamers too:
  1. 120 Hz native refresh rate.
  2. FALD display with great contrast and HDR viewing.
Edit: x90J should be in your budget after launch of it's successor x90k. Check offline stores for better price.

Thanks for the advice on LG oled. I was checking reviews for A1 as I do not have a gaming requirement, just movies and web series. Do you think there are any other improvements of C1 over A1?

The C1 is a lot better than the A1 in terms of peak brightness as well and will make a world of difference if you have a bright room as the A1 might be a bit too dim in sunny conditions
And personally I feel that additional 20-25k for th C1 is well worth.

You should check Sony x90J. I don't own it but heard many good reviews about it. Checks all boxes for gamers too:
  1. 120 Hz native refresh rate.
  2. FALD display with great contrast and HDR viewing.
Edit: x90J should be in your budget after launch of it's successor x90k. Check offline stores for better price.
I can vouch for this. Perfect for media consumption and gaming. I purchased it recently. However, I got it for 93k. Don't think it'll be available for lower. Also, it'll probably go out of stock since Sony replaces the model I believe. Reason for that is every year the x90 models start at 1.2~1.3 lakh and then gradually come down to around 90k when new models are supposed to be launched.

Under 80k, I think Samsung The Frame & LG A1 are the best choices. I have not seen 55" A1 for around 80k but see what you get during the prime day sale. If 55" is not a hard requirement, 48" A1 at 70k seems promising. The Frame 55" is an easy choice for gamers with 120Hz panel.

OLEDs have low peak brightness, so if you have a bright room, maybe look at Sony X80AJ 55" for 70k as well along with Frame. Try to check them locally. Vineet Malhotra (youtuber) had a good review of X80AJ/X80J, has a good colour calibration.

More expensive TVs to look at for discounts are LG B1/C1 & Samsung QN85A.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/lg-a1-oled-vs-sony-x80j/21674/21694?usage=1&threshold=0.10

Prime day sale is coming in a few days, 23-24 you can check that day.
Nevermind, saw now you ordered.
Hope this message helps someone else.

You really think it would be cheaper? I can still cancel the order
If i were you I'd take my chances rather than regret if I happen to see the TV cheaper, get an SBI/ICICI card handy as they'll have good discounts on AZ, if it works out you get the TV cheaper, if it doesn't you can fall back on the original one. I don't know the exact price as I am not on a hunt for TV's currently, but we are all gambling on something all of the time. Prime day is something everyone craves for.

Its a matter of few days, up to you.

Last edited:
Frame 55 inch for 77k or LG A1 oled 48 inch for 69k? Confused.. please help

The room does not have any direct sunlight but it's well lit with natural light.

Looking for the same - 55inch TV for main hall after last LG jazz tv gave up after 12 years :(

Options are
LG B1 oled 55inch at 1L
C1 48inch - 69k but 55 inch is 1L+

Any suggestions?
I could get 2 tvs instead. A regular 55inch samsung crystal for hall and 48inch a1 oled for my room. will cost around 1.20 is guess. Family has no requirement for OLED. They just want a good tv fast. lol

Back