5* vs inverter ac. Which to buy?

Honestly there is hardly any difference between the two . i have two (daikin & panasonic ) split inverter ac and i really dont find it to be saving much of electricity . the most important part is that i find inverter ac's to be less effective when it comes to cooling, compared to the normal ones .

Trust me you'll be better off with 3*/5* split ac .

Last edited:
If one buys the correct tonnage of the AC then quality of cooling (not too cold or too warm but maintaining the right temperature) should definitely be taken into consideration. For me the comfort factor (office like cooling that Bluestar ads speak about) justifies the premium that Inverter models command. But then to each his own.

Do we really need to buy an Inverter AC by paying more than 5Star AC based on consumption. I had read that 25% more saving than 5Star AC, but my consumption is minimum 8hours and Max 12hours and used only in summer which is just 2 - 3months. Can anyone suggest me that is it feasible to spend huge amount on inverter AC than 5Star. Please mention the Brand..Preferable is Daikin and BlueStar.

Either go for Hitachi or else get a daiken. Both are good.
Thanks.Will go for Daikin.[DOUBLEPOST=1433919736][/DOUBLEPOST]
If one buys the correct tonnage of the AC then quality of cooling (not too cold or too warm but maintaining the right temperature) should definitely be taken into consideration. For me the comfort factor (office like cooling that Bluestar ads speak about) justifies the premium that Inverter models command. But then to each his own.
Ok. Thanks

Honestly there is hardly any difference between the two . i have two (daikin & panasonic ) split inverter ac and i really dont find it to be saving much of electricity . the most important part is that i find inverter ac's to be less effective when it comes to cooling, compared to the normal ones .

Trust me you'll be better off with 3*/5* split ac .
Yes..You are right..I also heard that Inverter Ac cools less than normal star ACs...that is y it consume less power. But Thinking of Going for Daikin or Blue Star(Nobody cools better than Blue Star).Which one will you prefer?

Back