Audio 5.1 sound problem!!!!

anujgupta

Disciple
i have just bought a new pc
processor i7 860
and motherboard: Asus P7h55

The problem is that when i am playing Blu Ray Rips Movies with 5.1 Sound only he background music is comin out..no voice is comin..

But in my previous pc it was all fyn...

I have Altec Lansing VS4121 and i m running windows XP 32bit...

plz help me guyz!!!!

its when u set 5.1 on audio properties, and u are using a 2.1

open windows audio properties/onboard auio control panel and make it 2.1 and try the same movie.

Hi,

its when u set 5.1 on audio properties, and u are using a 2.1

open windows audio properties/onboard auio control panel and make it 2.1 and try the same movie.

Yes please check and make sure that you've set the speakers options to 5.1/7.1 and they are not muted !!

Also Asus mobo have input sensing feature which will automatically select the desired option when you plug-in the input wires ! so have connected all the 6ch cables (i,e 3pairs of Interconnects ) ??

Regards.

SoundsGreat said:
Hi,

Yes please check and make sure that you've set the speakers options to 5.1/7.1 and they are not muted !!

Also Asus mobo have input sensing feature which will automatically select the desired option when you plug-in the input wires ! so have connected all the 6ch cables (i,e 3pairs of Interconnects ) ??

Regards.

i have done that but nothin is working!!!!

on 5.1 audio its only giving only music no voice!!!!

and on previous system i dont have to do nything only set the audio to 5.1 and it worked fine

5.1 giving out no voice doesn't appear like a 2.1 issue (as 2.1 excludes surrounds and not the fronts and center which is where most of the voice should be).

This may sound absurd, but, it could be something else like Karaoke being switched on causing the voice to be suppressed.

Mess around with the onboard audio control panel settings and play some test voice. Does the same happen when you listen to music or while playing games?

I ve seen the option on sound chip like "swap surround sounds to headphones". It swaps the front and rear surrounds. See if its selected.

Hi,

i have done that but nothin is working!!!!

on 5.1 audio its only giving only music no voice!!!!

and on previous system i dont have to do nything only set the audio to 5.1 and it worked fine

Try the above suggestions ! Else please post screen shots of the Realtek control panel and sound control panel and such !

We can take a look at those and try to analyze the problem !

Regards.

The VIA 1708S chipset is known to cause problems in multi-channel audio on Asus boards.The implementation is crappy.Try contacting Asus support or simply replace the motherboard as it's new.Because I don't think there's anything else left to do apart from updating the drivers.

SpeakerSettings3.jpg

SpeakerSettings2.jpg

SpeakerSettings1-1.jpg

Back