Audio 5.1 Home Theater System with WiFi connectivity

stavan_d

Disciple
hello all...

I am looking to setup a home theatre system where I can play music directly from my phone/tablet/laptop to the speakers (mostly from phone via an app??)

The playback needs to be from WiFi as bluetooth wont have the range

I am not sure if what I am asking for is even possible or not. So please let me know is there are speakers available in the market or any kinda additional hardware that i need to buy to the speakers for fill my need.

thanks

sd

hello all...

I am looking to setup a home theatre system where I can play music directly from my phone/tablet/laptop to the speakers (mostly from phone via an app??)

The playback needs to be from WiFi as bluetooth wont have the range

I am not sure if what I am asking for is even possible or not. So please let me know is there are speakers available in the market or any kinda additional hardware that i need to buy to the speakers for fill my need.

thanks

sd

Hi, it is definitely possible, you need to get a receiver that has bluetooth / wifi. The ones with wifi are expensive, the alternate would be to go for an entry level AVR and attach a USB Bluetooth receiver.

But to help you better, you need to give us further details on your budget, and exact wireless requirement.

@Jasku i hv not fixed the budget as I have no basic idea how much a setup like this can cost

and in wireless req. what I want to do it clearly mentioned... i want to be able to play music from my phone, tablet, pc, laptop, etc directly from the speakers through wifi... so that if i want to play a song from my phone throughout the room i dont have to copy the song to a pendrive plug in the speaker select and then play... a simple app and adapter attached to the speakers might be nice

What do you want from a music system? Hi fidelity or Convenience? Do you listen to CDs, FLACs, MP3s? FLACs over Bluetooth doesnt sound like a good idea. Do you really want a 5.1 system to listen to music recorded in 2 channel stereo?

Most AVRs slightly above entry level have N/W connectivity and support AirPlay etc. Yamaha RXV 475 for your reference, Denon x1000.

Secondly, you should consider a 2.1 amp (used ones do well) if you are not going to watch movies,TV, Gaming more than 50% of the time. Is there any point listening to music in 5 channel stereo?

I just setup a 5.1 system with all connectivity I would ever need...

My setup : AV receiver Denon X1100W with wifi and bluetooth (also has wired lan connectivity). Connected to spotify (from android and iphone), Airplay from my iPhone, Chromecast cast at one HDMI port for wireless streaming

Got my receiver for 590 SGD ( around 28k INR) which is the cheapest networked receiver here so all depends on your budget. Home theater can be quite expensive.

i am not looking for a dvd player as i might go for ps4 early next year and it'll have blueray support... so for now i will connect my speakers directly to the tv or the adapter...

and as for my budget... i was thinking of getting altec lancing, jbl, creative or sony speakers, either around 10-15k... plus the adapter...

ah, completely different requirement if you are getting powered speakers.

Check streaming devices like Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku maybe or wifi speakers. Don't have much idea about either.

Back