Audio 5.1 channel speakers for TV setup.

yashchitale

Disciple
I am gonna be buying a tv to setup in the hall.

I have a budget of 10k expandable(upto 20k is also okay but i want a value for money product)

Need a good 5.1 channel audio system(Home Theater system).

Please suggest.

since you mention BD, for the budget, it would be difficult to get decent sound. you have not mentioned any amp/AVR. You need to ramp up to ~25k to get entry level Onkyo HTiB(Home Theater in a Box) that sound good enough for BD.

Can a Z5500 good for a TV setup??? I have Samsung LED UA40B7000 which doesnt hav the normal red & white audio outputs...... it has the 3.5mm audio out! I needed speakers with wireless remote bcoz the TV doesnt give volume control on external speakers so I need the z5500 remote to control the volume!

So how will this setup work??

Will the z5500 work perfectly thru the TV's audio out??

Also I hav PS3 Slim connected to the TV thru HDMI so the speakers will hav to handle the PS3 too!

^Simply connect the optical out from the Tv to the Z5500 using a optical/toslink cable. That's it.

Yash, you can opt for the Z904 or an entry level HTIB setup with spdif inputs.

if you are going to connect it from a tv using spdif will recommend you to not go on a too high end 5.1.check for entry level spdif's

Gannu said:
^Simply connect the optical out from the Tv to the Z5500 using a optical/toslink cable. That's it.

Yash, you can opt for the Z904 or an entry level HTIB setup with spdif inputs.
vantheman5211 said:
if you are going to connect it from a tv using spdif will recommend you to not go on a too high end 5.1.check for entry level spdif's

I was also thinking on the same lines....... since the full potential of the z5500 wont be achieved in my setup......

Like my earlier graphic card..... was using HD4850 with a 15" LCD with max res at 1024x768........ LOL! tht is wastage of horsepower

Back