Laptops 4GB Laptop RAM for Sony Vaio VPCEB14EN (TRANSCEND or CORSAIR)?

Re: :huh:4GB Laptop RAM for Sony Vaio VPCEB14EN (TRANSCEND or CORSAIR)?

Else get G.Skill 4GB for 1.2K from prime ABGB. shipping incl. sunny27 has already bought this from them.

On the whole, the Corsair is the better purchase of the two.

Re: :huh:4GB Laptop RAM for Sony Vaio VPCEB14EN (TRANSCEND or CORSAIR)?

What is the frequency is your current RAM?

1333MHz or 1066Mhz?

If you have 1333Mhz then go for 1333Mhz only & vice versa.

Bro I really don't know the frequency of my current RAM so to find out I unscrewed the RAM compartment and found out the following information from the Sticker:-

Slot 1: 1GB HYNIX

1GB 2Rx16PC3-8500S-7-10-A1

HMT 112S6BFR6C-G7 NO AA-C 1012

Slot 2: 2GB NANYA

NT2C64B8HA1NS-BE 1012TW

2GB.2Rx8PC3-8500S-7-10-F0.1066

ML1031500G.X2

I thinks its 1066Mhz but would like someone to confirm it. Also would like to know what will happen if I insert a different Frequency RAM.

THANKS...

Go for the 1333 ones, they will clock down to 1066 if the others are at 1066. however, if you can ideally replace the ones you have with same matched pairs for a more stable machine.

Also, please give specs of the machine.

BEtter go with the 1333Mhz ones.. Even if you want to use it on another lap in future,it will be usefull..

Forgot to post last time, as net had gone down at my place. Get the 1333 ones from either G Skill or Corsair, depending on which latencies are lower. Plus they are future proof.

Sorry to hijack this thread but is Samsung DDR3 4GB SODIMM available anywhere, coz my XPS L502 has that RAM and I think a matching pair will be better ?

sorry to bump an old thread.

Thanks for the advise guys. Placed an order with Flipkart for the Gskill 4Gb 1333 Mhz Ram.

Bhutoria, I have the same laptop. it is only my backup laptop but still I am thinking of upgrading its RAM. thinking of replacing the 1GB stick with 4GB and keeping the 2GB ram so that I have a total of 6GB.

want to know if the Gskill ram you ordered is compatible with your laptop and other RAM. any issues?

according to CPU-z, current RAM in the system run at 533MHz with (7-7-7 latency??? I am not sure if i am reading it right so attaching the screenshot)

qv5AW1d.jpg

someone please suggest a cheap VFM 4GB Ram.

Someone on reddit said this:

OP:
hi guys i have a sony vaio vpceb14en with the following specs windows 10 technical preview build 9860 Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor 2.13 GHz ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 Graphics 3 gb ram i recently bought a new ram chip kingston 4gb module - ddr3l 1600mhz KVR16LS11/4 http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KVR16LS11_4.pdf

but it wont boot so im looking for a ram chip that is compatible with my laptop and i want to upgrade the cpu if possible so could you guys give me some recomandations? thanks in advance

---------------------------------
Reply:

The RAM is 512M x 64 (8 chips), unfortunately first generation Core CPU's, like your Core i3, do not support that. For 4 GB they need 256M x 128 modules (16 chips, 8 on each side). It will be very difficult to find compatible RAM for your machine, as far as I know all manufacturers have switched to 512M x 64 layouts for their 4 GB modules (I've emailed some manufacturers). I recommend looking on ebay for RAM.

The CPU can also be upgraded on your machine, I've upgraded my VPC EA1S1E from a Core i3 330M to a Core i5 580M (at the time the i7 640M was still very expensive). Both the Core i5 580M and Core i7 640M are attractive options, they can also be found on ebay. Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed before you upgrade the CPU. Do not attempt to install Quad Core i7s, these do not work and can damage the motherboard.

First gen i3 have support for 1.5V only, I dont think 1.35V support is there. I can check, since I have a VPC with i5 1st gen as well as a E series i3 1st gen.

I dont know man...i dont know...i just want to know which RAM will be compatible with this old laptop i have. I guess i should take it along to nehru place and ask there to get me a compatible RAM.

Bhutoria hasnt been online since 2014.

go for corsair, keep both the rams of same speed and same brand (it is suggested). it will still work if you dont follow

Back