Graphic Cards 4850 or 4770 for a 'Non-overclocking guy'

Here's my dilemma: I am confused between a second hand 4850 or a new 4770. Now I know the fact that the 4770 is as fast when overclocked,consumes less power and has the sweet little 40nm 'mojo'.:rofl: But the thing is I am one of those lazy bums who don't meddle around fiddling with the settings. Not to mention I wont try to OC in the fear that I may loose the card. In any case I dont want to risk the money spent. I still run a three year old Sapphire X1800GTO that hasn't been overclocked ever.:ashamed:
My reasoning behind going for the 4850 is this: Why not go for a card that is faster as it is,at stock. And enjoy the fps with a peace of mind,not worrying about overheating.:p
I just need some more opinions regarding the same.:) Do you guys agree?

Even if you don't intend to OC, the power efficiency of the 4770 makes it a better choice over the 4850.

PS: Even the 4850 is very overclock-able. And you need to read/learn about OCing a bit more, you won't lose your card or anything similar if you know what you're doing. :)

If you are buying brand new card, get 4770 even if its little slower. Even if you are lazy, create a profile in Rivatuner to overclock core and memory by 50Mhz and set it to auto apply settings on every boot and then forget about it.

Unless you are getting some really good deal on 4850 ( 5.5k or there about ) stick to 4770.

O/T Well usually for people like u I will say buy a console :p

4770 is not slow even @ stock, w/ Cat 9.5, 5% average performance boost. U cant notice 1-2FPS differance.

4770 is cheaper

4770 consumes very less power -

rhd4770power.png

Amien said:
Even if you don't intend to OC, the power efficiency of the 4770 makes it a better choice over the 4850.

PS: Even the 4850 is very overclock-able. And you need to read/learn about OCing a bit more, you won't lose your card or anything similar if you know what you're doing. :)
How easy (or hard) is GPU overclocking?

Shripad said:
O/T Well usually for people like u I will say buy a console :p
Arey da, PS3 isnt available for 10k.;)

udayrulz said:
4770 is not slow even @ stock, w/ Cat 9.5, 5% average performance boost. U cant notice 1-2FPS differance.

4770 is cheaper
4770 consumes very less power -
rhd4770power.png
Thanks for the info. Never came across these statistics.

WingZero said:
If u gettin good deal on 4850 like 6k or so then get it else 4770
I guess it's the 4770 then. Thanks for the suggestion guys.:hap2:
One last favour.:p Which flavour?:rofl: Powercolor or Sapphire?

nightwing892001 said:
How easy (or hard) is GPU overclocking?

Arey da, PS3 isnt available for 10k.;)

Thanks for the info. Never came across these statistics.

I guess it's the 4770 then. Thanks for the suggestion guys.:hap2:

One last favour.:p Which flavour?:rofl: Powercolor or Sapphire?

GPU Overclocking is easier than installing a software :D

Seen many many sapphire 4850 (specially the ones with big fan cooler) going under RMA :| dunno whats happened to sapphire :(

And upon googling, i learned that powercolor's cards are of as gr8 quality as sapphire but have lesser failure rate...

But hvnt seen reviews abt powercolor 4770, so stick to sapphire... Just dont buy a used sapphire 4850 (TOP/Big fan version) evn if its available for 5.5k

And one more thing regarding ur OC fears.. 4770 OC is cooler than 4850 stock :eek:hyeah: so go ahead with ur purchase :hap2:

WingZero said:
^^saphire / msi.

Go for one out of these !

MSI - ask mediahome

Sapphire - ask amarbir(lynx)

Zloyd said:
if you have money for a 4850 id say see if u can stretch a little and get a 4870

4850 costs 8.5k and 4870 atleast ~12.5

Bro! thr's a huge Rs 4000 difference :bleh: AND in case of 4770 the diff 'll be atleast 5.5-6k

saqib_khan said:
Go for 4770, if u r just comparing 4770 & 4850.

:hap2:

Go get it FAST !

zanderzone said:
check this :

apply 500 off coupon and get this for Rs 5200

This is sold by a TE member here : http://www.techenclave.com/market/fs-palit-hd-4850-a-135713.html

However, warranty is not Indian
That's a Palit.:crazy: Thanks for your concern but my mind has been made now. I will go for a MSI 4770 from Mediahome. It's a good deal. Called up the MSI dealer here in Lucknow and he told me that MSI hasnt lauched the 4770 in India yet.....duh....:bleh:

Dude overclocking the GPU is very easy , you just have to install RivaTuner or something similar and crank up the settings , thats it , if you are worried about the life of the card and overheating do a moderate 50-100 Mhz overclock

Its vry difficult to compare these two crds as they go neck to neck wen performance is concerned, but if u wana go 4 a crd whch consumes less power, 40nm arch. Which wil give bttr cooling n almst same performance as a 4850, than go 4 4770.

^^they aint neck to neck at stock clocks. 4850 is noticeably faster. But wen 4770 is ocd to 900 it is almost at par. maybe 4850 a tad slower.

ya go for 4770 if u wanna use the card for a long time.but if u want it just for sometime and later changeit then u can go for used 4850 coz u'll get better value....

Back