Budget 20-25K 4"-4.3" Android phone

siddjazz

Disciple
Wish to buy an android phone for the girlfriend, one that isn't larger than 4.3".
Brands - No Samsung and Sony.

Is anyone using jellybean or kitkat on their phone with 1GB RAM?
I would like your opinions oh how well the phone runs just performing everyday tasks; calendar, photos, messaging etc..
Do you need to kill a lot of apps all the time? does the phone slow down often?

the only sub 4.3" phone with 2 gigs of RAM is the Droid mini, which isnt available here. Considering the HTC One mini, but i dont think its worth the money AND i'm unsure of kitkat running on anything less than 2GB ram.

Opinions?

Actually the kitkat is supposed to run on low ram devices since they have made it like that.

I have been running JB on my s2 since long and it runs fine.
While browsing sometimes I get lag in the browser.
Also there is some lag while apps update.
Otherwise the experience is pretty smooth.
Killing apps is not a solution.

I also tried out one kitkat rom and although it was running absolutely fine it lacked a lot of features due to which I reverted to JB 4.3.1.

Actually the kitkat is supposed to run on low ram devices since they have made it like that.

I have been running JB on my s2 since long and it runs fine.
While browsing sometimes I get lag in the browser.
Also there is some lag while apps update.
Otherwise the experience is pretty smooth.
Killing apps is not a solution.

I also tried out one kitkat rom and although it was running absolutely fine it lacked a lot of features due to which I reverted to JB 4.3.1.
Fabulous! This is exactly what i was looking for. Lag here and there is alright as I will root and put a custom kernel anyway.
From the sounds of it, you too seem to be running a custom ROM. Have you tried MIUI v5 on your SGS2?

No, I haven't used MIUI.
The JB ROMs that I have used are Jellybam, Resurrection Remix, CM Nightlies and presently on Carbon ROM.
I've been using Dorimanx kernel for long.

Will switch to one of the kitkat ROMs when more features are added (most probably, will use Omni ROM).

Back