3d animation workstation and gaming machine in 75kmax

Ankitr99

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
75k max(without monitor)85k with 24inch monitor.

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
none

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
none

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - intel core i7 2600k
Motherboard - future proof p67 compatible with ivybridge also:D
GPU - amd 6970 2gb or gtx 570.
RAM - 8gb ddr3 1333(gskill ripjaws)
CPU COOLER-nouctua dh-14 or crosair h70(as i plan to overclock cpu 24/7)

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
RAM - maybe adding another 8gb.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Pune

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
3D animation workstation(MAIN)
Gaming
Browsing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
none

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Will play all modern fps like Crysis 2,blackops,etc

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920x1080
Desktop - 1920x1080
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Processor Intel Core i7 2600k 16200

Motherboard MSI P67A-GD55 (B3 Revision) 9500

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz CL9 2x4GB 5200

GPU Sapphire HD6950 2GB 16200

HDD Seagate 7200.12 1TB 2700

Cabinet CM 690 4300

Monitor Dell U2311H 13900

PSU Seasonic S12D 750w / Corsair TX750 6500

CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P SE2 3750

Keyboard Razer Arctosa 2000

Mouse Razer Deathadder 2100

Mousepad Razor Goliathus Speed Edition Omega 500

Speakers Altec Lansing VS4121 2750

DVD Writer Samsung 950

Total 86550

HD6950 2GB unlocks into HD6970 so no need to waste money on HD6970 or GTX570 which performs like HD6970

If u want the above suggested rig within your budget then buy Corsair TX650 ~ 5400 instead of TX750 or S12D750w which would bring down the total config cost "85450"

Few changes

instead of Noctua NH-U12P SE2 use nouctua dh-14. way cooler and better for OC'ing.

Gpu go for nvidia rather than amd because all the recent 3d programs are optimized to nvidia much much better than amd

mrcool63 said:
Few changes

instead of Noctua NH-U12P SE2 use nouctua dh-14. way cooler and better for OC'ing.

Gpu go for nvidia rather than amd because all the recent 3d programs are optimized to nvidia much much better than amd
i would have included Noctua NH-D14 if his budget wouldn't have been a constraint...

kippu said:
if the budget was 70k and scenario was same , what all would you guys consider cutting down on?
processor... you can get the same performance like 2600k from an i5 2500k if you would overclock it to 4.2 to 4.4GHz... :)

Sorry i didnt mention it before,i do not want Mouse,Keyboard, Mouse pad and speakers,instead of that i was thinking of an SSD for OS and Applications, and what you think about nzxt tempest evo case?
i can stretch my budget to 90k if the hardware is really wroth it......

[quote name='Hades.']

Motherboard MSI P67A-GD55 (B3 Revision) 9500

CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P SE2 3750

Please do not suggest MSI motherboards due to this -- The Sorcerer, post #39 -- http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/need-help-buying-processor-motherboard-under-183565-3.html#post1728227

Also, I think Core i5 2500K should also serve OP well enough under all circumstances as the extra premium you pay for the i7 2600K is not really justifiable in my view, not a great difference. -- Intel Sandy Bridge Review | bit-tech.net / The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Plus the Sandy-Bridge systems run cool so I think as Hades has suggested it is good enough for OP to get the Noctua NH-U12P SE2, it looks like a beast compared to other 120mm solutions and comes with a very good fan pre-bundled in the retail package making it more than enough for OP's usage.

For PSU the Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W ~ 6K is also a great contender in my views OR the Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W ~ 6.5K, salient features -- Cooler Master Silent Pro M 600W PSU Reviews - OCIA.net / Overclock3D :: Review :: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700w Modular PSU :: Introduction & Specifications / Power Supply -> Silent Pro - Cooler Master

fully modular,

80+ Bronze rated,

the so-called awesome Cooler Master brand name,

it fits in the price band better for me.

@Ankitr99

If you're a gamer I think you might reconsider buying the mouse + mouse pad combo that Hades suggested in his post (it really brings in a great difference in how your response levels improve and such as well as attachment to ones gaming equipment \,,/ \,,/), but in the end is upto you.

Hope this helps bruv.

Not every MSI motherboard burns...

checkout this thread (http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboards/917857-msi-p67a-gd65-gd55-owners-club.html) there are many happy owners of P67A GD65/GD55 who have overclocked their 2500k/2600k to 4.8/5.0GHz and haven't faced a single problem yet...

For PSU the Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W ~ 6K is also a great contender in my views OR the Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W ~ 6.5K, salient features -- Cooler Master Silent Pro M 600W PSU Reviews - OCIA.net / Overclock3D :: Review :: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700w Modular PSU :: Introduction & Specifications / Power Supply -> Silent Pro - Cooler Master

And why he should buy CM PSU buddy? I am not saying that CM produces bad PSUs but if he wants a modular PSU then he can opt for HX650 which is selling for 6.5k too... You also know that Corsair has Better A.S.S then CM rite... :)

^^

I just profess caution, I've had my share of burning MSI hardware that also my ATi HD 5770 (which is supposed to be cool running, touching 105 degrees). I started two threads related to this when I was a n00b member just a year back, I mean I still am. :facepalm:

ALPHA17 said:
^^

I just profess caution, I've had my share of burning MSI hardware that also my ATi HD 5770 (which is supposed to be cool running, touching 105 degrees). I started two threads related to this when I was a n00b member just a year back, I mean I still am. :facepalm:
Once in a while cases like this do occur but that doesn't mean that we should stop recommending a good brand products... i bet you that even some gigabyte motherboards would have burned due to bad PSU or may be because of some manufacturing faults but would you stop recommending a good brand mobos after watching cases like these? We all know that Corsair produces good quality products but dont you think that their PSU fails too some people even get DOA psus... See for a company to produce every product perfect is impossible... And not every product that a company produces performs the same... thats why most reviewers says that the overclock that we have achieved is not compulsary that you will achieve too...

Most Reviewers Quote: "No Two Pieces Of Hardware Performs The Same"

My primary reason fro this machine will be for 3d animation ,and the software which i use uses all the 8 cores effectively for which Core i7 is a must........

^^

Good point but if OP can stuff in a decent size SSD in his budget that'll be even better,no RAID 0 can beat that. I've no idea of prices though :(.

Ankitr99 said:
My primary reason fro this machine will be for 3d animation ,and the software which i use uses all the 8 cores effectively for which Core i7 is a must........
Intel Core i5/i7 2xxxx series do not have 8 cores on die -- they have a technology called Hyper-Threading inbuilt in them which allows them to split a single thread operation into two virtual threads thus creating the illusion of eight cores while on die there are only 4 physical cores. Don't be fooled man Intel doesn't have octa-core processors not yet at-least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/news168.html

http://www.intel.com/technology/platform-technology/hyper-threading/index.htm

Hope this helps bruv, instead of confusing.

If u really need an 8 core proccy u can wait a while for amd bulldozers to release... the first chip is going to be an octa core... also the intel stock cooler that comes with the k-series of unlocked processors are very good and u can overclock the processors to 4.2ghz+ with it...

Back