Video 32" LED TV For Rs.40k

It could be a IPS panel on the EX410 it could also be the AMVA panel from AUO.
The only way to know if the tvs has a IPS or a AMVA is to check the viewing angles compared to other Sony models if its better then other Sony models then its a IPS and also check if the black levels are as deep as the other Sony if its significant difference then its a IPS panel

Darthcoder said:
@Bluffmaster: I talked with 2-3 knowledgeable dealers in Hyderabad. The main reason why EX410 is 7-8K lower than than the EX420 despite having 2" of real estate is that it is not a smart TV (No internet) AND the panel in it is not S-PVA unlike that in the other X-Reality based EX models (the dealer told me it was an IPS panel in that model).

AND, for those considering SONY based SMART TVs, you will have to buy an additional adapter (costs around 1600) for using Wifi on the TV. Lan cable can be directly plugged into the TV but if you need Wireless access then that adapter has to be used.

Yes, I know that. But then again, who needs internet in a TV? The lack of video formats supported is also not a problem for me as I will be most likely using a media player for movies and stuff. As for the panel used, frankly speaking I could never tell a difference anyways. My friend has this TV and the black levels were good as were the viewing angles. In my opinion, for 40K it is total value for money.

The EX410 does indeed have a Lg IPS panel ,i checked the service menu.The lack of deep blacks was quite obvious compared to other Sony models even during daytime,but image processing is quite good.
Costs around 43k here in bangalore grey,but one might as well add another 5k and get the 40EX520 .

Back