Video 32" LCD TV.. Help me in choosing one.. Budget 40k max..

vriship

Adept
Apr 27, 2008
hello guys.. this time i am thinking of going for an LCD tv.. preferably 32" .
my max budget is 40k..
Use:- 1080p HD movies and D2H [ Tata sky ]
it would be wall mounted..
needs to be compulsorily Full HD..
Preferred brands :- Sony, Samsung..
As this is my first LCD TV... i am a little bit dum in this so have no idea what to look out for..
and i am from Mumbai- Thane.. so if you can help me out with some retailers who can give a good price.. that would be gr8..
and if you have any suggestions within 40k.. which is abouve 32".. pls lemme know..
I wont go for the Grey market ones.. need warranty strictly.. i am planning to buy it in 3 to 4 days.
TiA..
regards,
Vrishi

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod

Roxtin

Skilled
May 29, 2007
Please use the search option there are many threads discussing the same in detail.

In any case as you have made a new thread I would suggest Samsung LA32B550K1R available for 38k and has lots of HDMI ports (3 behind, 1 side)

vriship

Adept
Apr 27, 2008
just went to vijay sales... saw all the models..

my brain narrowed over toshiba regza 40"... its for 44990...

picture quality also seemed to be very nice...

any problems with the toshiba regza????

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane
Desecrator said:
The Samsung LA32B530 should be your best bet. Or the B550 although I feel it might be slightly above your budget. Alternately, the Philips 32PFL5609 although this might be an IPS panel so may not yield the blackest blacks compared to AMVA/SPVA panels used by the others.

Please go through this thread as well - http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-electronics/suggest-32-lcd-tv-around-35k-156435.html

just got Samsung LA32B530 for Rs.33900/- Few weeks back, awesome picture quality !!!!

vriship

Adept
Apr 27, 2008
Desecrator said:
^I think it's an HD ready model! Ah well, to each his own. Trust your eyes more than thy neighbour or the sales rep. Don't regret over the purchase so test your videos on the display before you invest in one.

its toshiba regza cv600 full HD LCD TV... just bought it for 44990/-. they didnt have a fresh unit.. so they will deliver one in the evening at 8 pm... too much tempting.. :) .. thanks a lot guys for the help...

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
PhotostarSR said:
Any other 40/42" FULL HD LCD in 45k range?

well if u buy from grey market aka as national market in bangalore u can get a sony 40BX400 for 44k.
sure u want get that 1 year warranty,u can test the actual tv u are buying prior to purchase,they are sealed pieces,they sell like hot cakes,mostly imported on the same day or just a day before.

PhotostarSR

Adept
May 8, 2006
^^Whats the price of that model in regular white market store like ezone?

BTW, do they(grey market) guys accept credit card? :p

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane
PhotostarSR said:
BTW, do they (grey market) guys accept credit card? :p

even if anyone did, would you, so just tell me you kidding, right ????? :rofl:

@ vriship

you wanted 32" within 40k & preference was sony, samsung .......... :bleh:

no one mentioned the brand you brought, nor the cost was anything near for any brand that was mentioned on this thread, so why this thread ??????

rather buy one & put it on SHOWOFF, as simple as that :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

no offense man !

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
PhotostarSR said:
^^Actually NO! I wasn't kidding!

Whats wrong in using CC in grey mkt?

well they do NOT accept credit card nor debit card,only cash.

the best price one can get it in a showroom is around 57k.

PhotostarSR

Adept
May 8, 2006
^^Ok. Can you please tell me the phone number of any good reliable shop in National Market...so that i can call them up directly and find out the prices of various models...

ripper

Disciple
Jun 19, 2009
Boss Adder.. I am a bit confused on this contrast ratios. If I were to buy one with a 1lach:1 ratio, will it screw my cable viewin due to high resolution.

I saw a 6 series 40 incher and man.. was it cool. But then, the salesman was playing mkv files through the USB.

Philips 5609 has 50,000:1 contrast... is that good enuf... Please enlighten

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
ripper said:
Boss Adder.. I am a bit confused on this contrast ratios. If I were to buy one with a 1lach:1 ratio, will it screw my cable viewin due to high resolution.
I saw a 6 series 40 incher and man.. was it cool. But then, the salesman was playing mkv files through the USB.
Philips 5609 has 50,000:1 contrast... is that good enuf... Please enlighten

well don't fall for those contrast numbers which is like PMPO in audio.

the real contrast of the samsung would be around 1800 to 2500:1 ,the philips will be less then 1000:1.
a display that has high contrast will give u more depth in the image.

well if u have a cable connection which has a RF out,then even the best of the image processing can't do wonders.
get a DTH like Big tv or TS which comes with the new STB.

if u are migrating from a CRT one needs to get used to the how bad the SD source is on a lcd,no fault of lcd,its just that the lcd is showing the limitation of ur current SD,which your crt couldn't..

ripper

Disciple
Jun 19, 2009
adder said:
well don't fall for those contrast numbers which is like PMPO in audio.

the real contrast of the samsung would be around 1800 to 2500:1 ,the philips will be less then 1000:1.
a display that has high contrast will give u more depth in the image.

well if u have a cable connection which has a RF out,then even the best of the image processing can't do wonders.
get a DTH like Big tv or TS which comes with the new STB.

if u are migrating from a CRT one needs to get used to the how bad the SD source is on a lcd,no fault of lcd,its just that the lcd is showing the limitation of ur current SD,which your crt couldn't..

Thanks Adder. I guess I will buy the 5609 32 inch. Doesnt look classy but probably VFM.
Also, a 40 inch would screw my wallet