32 inch Full HD TV options - 35k

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
I am looking for 32 inch TV with full HD capability. Other minimum requirement is one USB port (support for maximum formats for movie play through usb including divx,xvid,etc).

Budget is 35k. So please suggest options available across different brands.

I have shortlisted LG 32LS4600. Is it good?

Regards

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007
Anywhere between 0 - 47000 feet
I am looking for 32 inch TV with full HD capability. Other minimum requirement is one USB port (support for maximum formats for movie play through usb including divx,xvid,etc).

Budget is 35k. So please suggest options available across different brands.

I have shortlisted LG 32LS4600. Is it good?

Regards

I just bought it today. Basically.. your choices are these...

Samsung EH5000 for approx 34000
Samsung EH5330 for approx 36000
LG LS4600 for approx 33000

I had exactly the same requirements as yours.. my criteria were as follows
1. Full HD
2. USB & HDMI (obviously)
3. 3-5yrs ownership timeframe before upgrade
4. Minimum 100Hz motion rate.
5. Only LG or Samsung.
6. All things remaining the same.. panel design/thickness.

Of course, of all the above, the lowest price was what i was most interested in since this was going to be for bedroom use ... where the need for any fancy features is really not necessary. Besides, these days any full HD tv more or less offers the same as the competition .. the devils they say are in the details.. thats where the cheaper full HD sets from Panasonic and Philips etc fall short because they still dish out 60hz refresh rate based stuff..

That said, apparently i've been hearing this quite often lately... cos incidentally this was the 2nd TV purchased in the family this month.. the other larger on was picked up for 75k (Samsung 46).. Both Croma and Kohinoor as well as Vijay Sales have been saying that LG but more strictly Samsung has enforced a "fixed price" policy across India where there's no scope for retailers to negotiate the prices lower.

I don't know if this is cartelization at the back... but something is definitely not right. Earlier, most big names like these as well as Ezone etc used to be more than willing to offer discounts and bundles to outbid the others.. but now it's like they have a "take it or leave it" attitude. It so infuriated me in fact that the Croma sales rep answered in a tone "Not a single rupee less" .. I just smiled at him and said you just lost a customer for life and walked off. He did'nt bother even trying to retain my business..

I think this is more a defensive stand taken by the bigger players to guard against the change in policy of FDI in retail.. time will tell.. but Samsung could have indeed enforced a fixed price policy .. considering they and LG are undisputed market leaders.. some amount of arrogance is possible. I just hope they dont end up like Sony and Philips did back in the late 90s when they ruled the appliance market in India.

Getting back to the point... i chose the LG simply because i was offered a lower price... (sticker was 35000 .. managed it at 33k) . I was offered the 5330 for 35k ... but the fact that the SMART functionality didnt make that much sense for my uses as a bedroom TV... there was no point paying the 2k extra.

Also... the biggest factor that tilted the balance was that the LG is a much much slimmer design than the Samsung.. for wall mounting purposes like i intended.. it was the clincher along with the fact that it was the cheapest.

The rest of the features like USB HDMI etc are common with the Samsung sets...

Picture quality of course.... for all 3 sets is just about the same. There was no major + or - that would tilt the balance either ways - that was my opinion after looking at all 3 of them side by side, though as a general rule.. Samsung does have more saturated colors than LG

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
@mach9

I am also looking for this TV set for my mom room so only basic functionality is needed. Last year I bought sony 46" bravia 3D TV for my room and I was able to negotiate a bit but this time I decided to go with LG/Samsung. I was looking for some cost reference for LG 32LS4600 online before going to showroom and it appears Flipkart is offering this model at Rs. 32555/- at last check, now I will take this price for reference for negotiation.

Any idea which formats this model support for playing movies through usb.

Last edited by a moderator:

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007
mach9

I am also looking for this TV set for my mom room so only basic functionality is needed. Last year I bought sony 46" bravia 3D TV for my room and I was able to negotiate a bit but this time I decided to go with LG/Samsung. I was looking for some cost reference for LG 32LS4600 online before going to showroom and it appears Flipkart is offering this model at Rs. 32555/- at last check, now I will take this price for reference for negotiation.

Any idea which formats this model support for playing movies through usb.

my older 32LD550 plays most of the popular formats including Divx etc.. so there's no reason to think it won't be supported by the LS4600. Generally speaking most of the TVs today all support popular video file formats.. at least i for one have never had any probs with playback. MP3, WMA, MKV & MP4 should be fine in addition to DIVX

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007
I know it is not full HD but all the channels coming in India are just HD and not Full HD. Even in US, there are only 6 channels in Full HD. So why buy it now? THen this 2D to 3D is new technology. Go in market and check it out.

HD content is available and is becoming popular faster than we see. Besides, apart from DTH/Cable channels.. there's already Full HD content on DVD an Blurays etc.. so obviously you can make use of Full HD, whats the point of going less?? If his budget is in the range of 35k.. it's a no brainer to buy a Full HD TV that will last you 5years before you even feel the need to upgrade.

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
@mach9 Bought the LG 32LS4600 today for 32k.

The 3d TV talked above is low resolution and dont think is full HD. At shop I was also told about 3410 but it only has 1 hdmi port and low resolution. Also, not much 3d content is there and as I already have a 3d TV, so choosing 4600 was not a big dilemma.

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
@mach9 Got it from a local electronic chain "SARGAM".

He started with 38000 but when I put forward flipkart rate, it was my way or highway for them so they matched flpkart