Budget 21-30k 32' 4k Monitor for work and occasional gaming

kartikoli

Skilled
I was using Samsung 43' 4k TV as monitor but today the TV screen broke while transferring from one place to other. Now I need a monitor, Since I've to work mostly on spreadsheets the big display suits my need so please suggest 32' 4k monitor, When I google search the recommendation was 4k for 32' screen.
Primary usage - Google spreadsheets, some TV series/Movies on desktop and occasional gaming mostly single player FPS games like COD, Battelfield, Farcry etc... (currently my GPU is too weak for 4k display - 1060/3gb)
Budget - Haven't decided so we can say flexible

Regarding my Samsung TV, what should be the best course of action since the screen is gone with no display. what are my options?

You can check this out: LG Smart Monitor (43") 4K UHD IPS Display (3840 * 2160) with HDR 10, Wireless Connectivity, webOS, AirPlay 2, USB Type-C (65W PD), Speakers 10W X 2, Magic Remote, HDMIx2, DP, HP Out, 43SQ700 (White) https://amzn.eu/d/hKcGgVs
Seems great for the price

Next time, have that in your question :)
The range was actually selected (21-30k) so it was in the question. :)
You can check this out: LG Smart Monitor (43") 4K UHD IPS Display (3840 * 2160) with HDR 10, Wireless Connectivity, webOS, AirPlay 2, USB Type-C (65W PD), Speakers 10W X 2, Magic Remote, HDMIx2, DP, HP Out, 43SQ700 (White) https://amzn.eu/d/hKcGgVs
Seems great for the price
This looks good but currently looking for a normal monitor rather than hybrid ones like TV+Monitor

Does it have to be 4k? For work 1440p at 32" works great because it has the same ppi as 1080p 24" (which is the most common office monitor out there)

There's an Acer EB321HQU 32" 1440p monitor that goes for 17k, and an LG that goes for ~23k. Both 60hz though.

Does it have to be 4k? For work 1440p at 32" works great because it has the same ppi as 1080p 24" (which is the most common office monitor out there)

There's an Acer EB321HQU 32" 1440p monitor that goes for 17k, and an LG that goes for ~23k. Both 60hz though.
I want 4k because it gives me more space on spreadsheet where as native 1080p monitor will show almost half of the rows/columns with acceptable font size. The biggest disadvantage is that it will need much powerful GPU to play games on native resolution means more investment for a very small gain (occasional gaming)

P.S. Sometimes I just think to go back and buy a 43' TV again

Last edited:
BenQ EW3270U would be a good choice if you are looking for a 60Hz monitor. If you are looking for a high refresh rate, Gigabyte M32U would be great, but the price would be more than double of what you would pay for the BenQ one.

I want 4k because it gives me more space on spreadsheet where as native 1080p monitor will show almost half of the rows/columns with acceptable font size. The biggest disadvantage is that it will need much powerful GPU to play games on native resolution means more investment for a very small gain (occasional gaming)

I've tried 4k 60 Hz on integrated graphics of Intel 11th Gen (laptop i7, though nearly all 11th gen have the same igp), and I daily drive 4k 60 Hz on AMD 7700x. Both work perfectly fine, including playing 4k videos. Of course, no games :)

Your 1060 3 GB may be fine for desktop usage. And run your "ocassional" games on 1080p on the same 4k monitor.

I strongly agree with your preference of 4k over 1440 for spreadsheet and general office/work usage. The text fidelity alone is worth it.

I've tried 4k 60 Hz on integrated graphics of Intel 11th Gen (laptop i7, though nearly all 11th gen have the same igp), and I daily drive 4k 60 Hz on AMD 7700x. Both work perfectly fine, including playing 4k videos. Of course, no games :)

Your 1060 3 GB may be fine for desktop usage. And run your "ocassional" games on 1080p on the same 4k monitor.

I strongly agree with your preference of 4k over 1440 for spreadsheet and general office/work usage. The text fidelity alone is worth it.
I've played Watch Dogs: Legion on 1060 but the experience was bad, reducing almost all details for a playable FPS. Since the PC is used mainly for job with google spreadsheets opened all day its better to have 4k support.
Anyone have experience of QLED TV's as monitor? I am worried about burnout issue or if the text will be better compared to LED.

I've played Watch Dogs: Legion on 1060 but the experience was bad, reducing almost all details for a playable FPS. Since the PC is used mainly for job with google spreadsheets opened all day its better to have 4k support.
Anyone have experience of QLED TV's as monitor? I am worried about burnout issue or if the text will be better compared to LED.
1060 3gb supports 4k for desktop/spreadsheet. It doesn't support most games with good frame rate on 4k. The two statements above are very very different.

Of course if you want to upgrade graphics card, it is up to you ;)

4K is preferable as it has exactly 4 times the pixels as 1080p, so 2x integer scaling horizontally as well as vertically. 1440p causes smearing of 1080p content and thus looks worse. So if you do need to run content at a lower resolution, better to get a 4k monitor.

Of course if you want to upgrade graphics card, it is up to you ;)
Yes will buy either 3070/6700XT used or new 4060, I know 4060 is not as powerful but this time nvidia didn't follow the performance jump as we expect when changing series.
4K is preferable as it has exactly 4 times the pixels as 1080p, so 2x integer scaling horizontally as well as vertically. 1440p causes smearing of 1080p content and thus looks worse. So if you do need to run content at a lower resolution, better to get a 4k monitor.
Yes thats why want to stick with 4k also now I am going towards 55' QLED TV as my experience with 43' LED tv was good

Back