PC Peripherals 2nd hand server parts

Astrek

Recruit
Jun 22, 2022
Heyo.
I have been looking to buy some 2nd hand server stuff for some time and am unable to find places to buy them from. I am looking to buy components separate rather than a prebuilt.
For now, I have come across sites like -

Xfurbised - looks legit and all but prices are a bit high.
serverbasket.com - prices are high, site is kinda confusing with all the SKUs
serverstack.in - They are selling prebuilt servers
Hardik refurbs - checked their FB store today(website seems to be down). Someone in this forum mentioned them in another thread.
Indiamart - Majority are resellers, but sometimes you come across someone selling 2nd hand.
Facebook market place - Might be able to pick normal consumer components but server parts are hard to find.

So my question is how do people buy server stuff? Do you have contacts or do you know websites that usually dont show up on google's first page?

Note - I do know that 2nd hand market is kinda not India's vibe and hence the low notoriety for 2nd hand sellers.

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Mar 24, 2005
51nD m3!
www.techenclave.com
There are quite a few ways... olx, fb type platform and then forums.
Once you get hold of a specific person you are mostly set for next few yrs or so as you dont have to look elsewhere.
Another way is asking your local computer shops as there are chances they might also be dealing into used parts even server grade.
Lastly, for the company where you employed if you have good contacts internally with the IT and Admin teams from there as well you can get them at dirt cheap rates and can save such hardware from getting scrapped.

Astrek

Recruit
Jun 22, 2022
Another way is asking your local computer shops as there are chances they might also be dealing into used parts even server grade.
Well living in a tier 2 city sure does create problems regarding this... searched for around a month or 2 and I came up with 2 in total dealers who only deal with refurbished systems like OptiPlex series and similar series for HP and other integrators. They even didn't have any idea that computer parts can be sold separately. That was the point I gave up searching for local dealers.
Am planning to visit an electronics recycler and see if they could let me scrape through their junk or if they know people who do refurbishing stuff.
Lastly, for the company where you employed if you have good contacts internally with the IT and Admin teams from there as well you can get them at dirt cheap rates and can save such hardware from getting scrapped.
I am currently working for a small company (max 8 people) in IT and sourcing parts at an extremely tight budget is really difficult. Hence looking for 2nd hand parts. I know it's not recommended to use 2nd hand parts for company IT but gotta do what we can do and upgrade when we can.
I think few of the forum members also know folks, who source and sell server components.
Can you mention specifically what you are looking for ?
Well, that's what I was hoping to get through this post - connections and hope for there exist sellers who make a living out of refurbishing server parts.
Currently, I am looking for a quad port gigabit nic with intel chipset(preferred, btr if it is I350-T4) & ECC UDIMMS, which are hard to find but just hoping to find some.
Was also looking for an HBA but found it through a 2nd hand seller in indiamart a couple of months ago.
As for the website... I know abt that, but i think it is kinda overpriced.

Reactions: ibose