2Mbps UL caused by migration

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Patron
hey folks

I'v gotten my plan migrated from 749NU to 512UL-combo which gives 512kbit up/down + 500 calls free for Rs.1299.00

I'm still getting 2mbps-up/256kbit-down and usage is not registering since its reflecting 512UL plan. :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

This will probably soon get fixed, till then can someone give me a rapidshare account for a day or two please thank you :hap2:

L8r

mr47 said:
hey folks
I'v gotten my plan migrated from 749NU to 512UL-combo which gives 512kbit up/down + 500 calls free for Rs.1299.00

I'm still getting 2mbps-up/256kbit-down and usage is not registering since its reflecting 512UL plan. :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

This will probably soon get fixed, till then can someone give me a rapidshare account for a day or two please thank you :hap2:

L8r

which ISP is this?

virus32win said:
what if they charged usage counted from own server?

hun? I didn't understand.

My a/c page is reflecting the 512UL plan and customer care guy said d/l'ing is now unlimited.

@Jasku, ISP=MTNL

This seems to be Airtel since the original poster is from Delhi!

It seems that ISPs in India are on a roll! I too got my plan updated today from Home 250 to UL1350+ from BSNL in Shillong. I too am getting speeds upto 2Mbps and usage is not registering since its showing that I am on UL1350+. Also I am making full use of the surge in speeds without risking a HUGE BILL as I confirmed from BSNL after they updated my plan. :clap:

Edit: Oops, its MTNL. Well the Public Sector ISPs are on a roll then.

It is an error due to the delay in updating the upstream data rate. Enjoy while it lasts.

But, your joy may be short lived as afaik MTNL has stopped giving the NU plan on new connections / migrating from an existing plan !!!

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
It is an error due to the delay in updating the upstream data rate. Enjoy while it lasts.

But, your joy may be short lived as afaik MTNL has stopped giving the NU plan on new connections / migrating from an existing plan !!!

yea i know, It would revert to 512kbit in 48hrs. Also I couldn't sleep at night due to free bandwidth so changed plan.

I Like to sleep :bleh:

my friend in bangalore went from BSNL 2mbps to 256k unlimited. he's been paying about 750 bucks or whatever the price for it is for over a year and a half now and still getting 2mbps speeds... unlimited.

Airtel always does that.. However it gets retified within 2 to 3 days or so. The same thing happened to me whne i upgraded my 256 to 384 kbps plan. for 3 days i was getting 512 kbps speed ie., 59kb.

Well well well. I had applied for upgrades of plans of 2 of my telephones. 1 broadband connection was on the old NIB-1 line and the other was on the new NIB-2 line. The NIB-2 line was done yesterday itself and it has UL 2Mbps speed now. The other NIB-1 line was completed today and its on 512kbps! Anyways, making the most out of it, till it lasts.

4 days past, still 2mbps UL. I'm abusing it like crazy

but i'm also a bit worried that they might bill me for the same.

I've only started downloading at day after mtnl's site showing my plan as 512UL.

Do I need to worry? Can I drop in at sanchar haat and ask for interm billed amount?

Don't worry... once the demand note has been issued technically you are in 512UL plan. If it isn't reflected then it is absolutely not your fault. I'd gotten this kind of speeds couple of months back without migrating or anything, but just sort of some random bonus. Feels like shit going back to normal speeds once it gets over though.

so i got reverted to 512kbps today :mad:

I'm getting ~58KB/s Max.

Am I getting a low speed? cuz 512kbps = 64KB/s

Or everyone with 512 gets roughly 58-59?

Man it feels like crap, freakin youtube videos take forever to buffer. :fatigue: :fatigue:
No seriously do ppl having 512 get ~64?

mr47 said:
so i got reverted to 512kbps today :mad:
I'm getting ~58KB/s Max.

Am I getting a low speed? cuz 512kbps = 64KB/s
Or everyone with 512 gets roughly 58-59?

Yepp... max on 512 connection gives 58-59kBps... No worries....

mr47 said:
Man it feels like crap, freakin youtube videos take forever to buffer. :fatigue: :fatigue:

No seriously do ppl having 512 get ~64?

Once you have tasted 2mbps, it's difficult to go back to 256 and 512 kbps crap :bleh:

In January last year when everybody with limited usage account got speed of up to 2mbps, a few users on 590NU also got 2mbps for a few days because there was this confusion whether these users fall under capped usage account (only 1GB per month) or unlimited usage account (night unlimited).

I was one of the lucky users to get a taste of 2mbps before MTNL decided to put NU users in unlimited usage account.

Believe me, 256kbps was a crawl compared to what i had experienced for two days. When MTNL launched 749NU in Delhi, within a few hours I asked for migration to the new plan from my 590NU :eek:hyeah:

Back