2G speeds for browsing..good enough ???

vinay_b

Disciple
Hi everyone..i have a airtel UL broadband connection at home.So i was thinking about going for tata docomo/bsnl 2G card and a Huawei 122/181. , simply to be able to browse the net while on the move. Now my primary use on it would be checking mails and web-surfing do you think the 2G speeds are sufficient for that ? Or do the pages take ages to load on 2G ???

Or you can grab a 3G enabled BSNL EVDO or Photon or the likes and get a 499 plan on that. The surfing will be much more smoother and faster

2G speeds are horrible.

i got BSNL 3G, i get 2G speeds,i get 56kbps max,16kbps avg (thats 2KBps)....try out 2G for a month, if you dont like it, go on to 3G....

yeah..even i forgot to tell that. am from pune. So 3g availability is no issue..just that i keep travelling so might not be in coverage all the time. Anyways.. will try 2g for a month and switch if its too bad. Thank you all for the replies.

2G is shit 5kbps to 10kbps at max, Only for this reason I changed my service provider to TRUMP (mtnl) , data rate same as 2G but speed I get i 1.6 Mbs to 3Mbs ,

advtages

+ Attachments of email

+ uploading photo to facebook

+ sync fast and smooth .

+ can watch videos on youtube.

so i decided to go for 3g. One question though. Does the Huawei 1831 work with BSNL in pune region ? Can anyone confirm that ???

Back