Monitors 27 inch monitor advice

Hi guys,

Was on the lookout for a 27 inch monitor since my current one is dying out on me.
After some extensive reading i know i should get a Qhd but the high price and unavailability is kinda ruling them out. Cant go 4K, cause i am a casual gamer and my current card or any future card i might buy will not be high end and will not have enough juice for 4K in the near future.

So i am basically down to : BenQ GW2760HS vs Samsung LS27D390HS/XL vs LG M77 (NEW IPS PANEL)

Now here is my dilemma. I havent seen any one of them in action.
Benq = va panel
LG = ips panel
Samsung = pls panel

Usage 70% would be browsing or watching movies and 30 odd gaming.

For anyone who has an experience with these different panels. which one should i buy?
benq = 17k
samsung = 19.5k
LG = 22k

No dell cause the S 2740l is a glossy screen and i need matte and the uz2715h is 30k and is a 1080p.

Any other recommendations is most welcome

Thanks

BenQ GW2760HS looks pretty good and suitable for your requirement as stated above.
This should be decent enough to keep you going for the next 4years. What monitor are you using presently - Model,Brand?

I am planning to go with samsung pls panel after lots of reading.It seems to have slightly better picture quality than ips or va panel.You can get it for around 17k online.

BenQ GW2760HS looks pretty good and suitable for your requirement as stated above.
This should be decent enough to keep you going for the next 4years. What monitor are you using presently - Model,Brand?
I am currently using a viewsonic 22 inch TN panel. Its suffered the power option and viewsonic doesnt have the spare for it.
The AOC option mentioned by bssunil also looks good. Can anyone who has seen these in action point at one and say "buy this"??? :)

BTW, on paper the samsung looks the most impressive but very few reviews. How different is a pls from a ips panel?

Benq is a VA panel with high contrast ratio. Blacks will really be blacks. Generally VA does not suffer from backlight bleeds as IPS panels do.

For a detailed review http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2760hs.htm

Use Windows monitor calibration to get the best out of your monitor.

If you are really serious about accurate color reproduction on your monitor and for custom color profiles specific to your monitor buy a color calibration hardware.

I have now seen the benQ perform and am kinda sure thats not my pick. I know for sure that its a very good bet at 16.5 and the cheapest, but being in the market after a good 5+ yrs for a monitor i was probably hoping for a big improvement and it wasnt.
The AOC market price is 17.5-18k. Online all monitors are selling at a price higher than lamington road for sure.
I found asus to be the best but availability is an issue at the moment. I have been told 2 weeks, letc c... The MX model is available online, but the price difference is abt 3.5k. I guess ill wait for it.

p.s: Saw the UZ2715h at a friends. I am honestly not sure what the hype is all abt the ultra series. I found it to have way too much of backlight(maybe im using the wrong word). The asus ips for me in terms of color reproduction and basic performance in movies and games was way way better. And i am talking abt the mx here, there are higher series available too which are still cheaper than the ultrasharp u2715h (qhd) and perform a lot better. Dell quoted me 38k best price for the u2715h and 30k for the uz2715h

Well at least other than this idiot someone else noticed that there could be a hype with the Ultrasharp series.

I don't know how many components I have in my desktop, but even if I include every gadgets what's there in my home the U2412M is the worst product I have ever paid for. If someone finds the factory calibration of this models as good, or even decent, then I will simply pray for him.

The only selling point for VA is blackness. So unless you are primarily watching movies or playing dark games on your screen at night - it won't make much difference.

Also IPS and PLS will allow wider viewing angles - much likely scenario for a large screen viewing.

The asus ips for me in terms of color reproduction and basic performance in movies and games was way way better. And i am talking abt the mx here
Asus MX279H?

the U2412M is the worst product I have ever paid for. If someone finds the factory calibration of this models as good, or even decent, then I will simply pray for him.
U2412 is 6-bit + 2-bit FRC eIPS, so it definitely is a step down from the 8 bit panels. However I find it odd that you are this disappointed. What are you using to measure calibration?

Asus MX279H?

U2412 is 6-bit + 2-bit FRC eIPS, so it definitely is a step down from the 8 bit panels. However I find it odd that you are this disappointed. What are you using to measure calibration?
Only the mx279h is available here or the vx 279h. Specs wise both look identical to me.

Asus MX279H?

Well I don't use any calibration thing. I don't have the time or interest to do that. Still I loaded the icc profile of tftcentral, and it did make things a bit better, but still. Not only the third class saturation, this bloody matte coating disgusts me as well. I came to this from my Dell TN panel (SP2208WFP), so I got no idea how the 8 bit IPS panels look. But in any case I highly doubt my next monitor will be from a LG panelled Dell one, I don't care how much praise this monitor has got (maybe they have used professional grade monitor, don't know, don't care actually), this monitor is utter rubbish. Yes, 18-19k isn't a high price, but looking at current market it's not that cheap either.

Back