2600k Rig suggestion

The p8p67 Deluxe is rock steady... been crunching on WCG for almost a month now , non stop 24/7 practically :)

overclocking has no issues at all once you have the bios set up properly :)

Have my chip running 4.5 ghz rock steady .

cheers and kind regards bro !

Gannu said:
Rahul, is the 2600K worth it? How much are you being charged for it anyway? I am not sure if the additional price is worth it since clock-to-clock the 2500K should perform a notch less than the 2600K save for the added 2MB L3 cache and hyperthreading.

I am not sure of the requirements of the system either. Don't think you have mentioned it before.
for my requirement, 2500k is of no use as the price difference is just 5-6k between the two + the space which going to be taken by the cabinet. I can easily push 20-30% more performance out of the 2600k as compared to 2500k for rendering purpose.

2500k overclocked to around 4.5ghz will achieve score of around 6.8-7.0 in rendering where as the 2600k at the same clock blows away the 2500k achieving 8.8-9.0 score.

so you can do the math as the system is not going to be used for anything else.

toolius said:
The p8p67 Deluxe is rock steady... been crunching on WCG for almost a month now , non stop 24/7 practically :)

overclocking has no issues at all once you have the bios set up properly :)

Have my chip running 4.5 ghz rock steady .

cheers and kind regards bro !
thanks for the info, good to hear a postivie review.

my requirement is very similar as its gonna be on load 24/7, but i think deluxe is a little bit of an overkill for my requirement, only upside i see is the better powerphase.

btw are you using aircooling or water?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

tiwari said:
Let me know the pricing also stormy

[mod]SMS Lingo not allowed. Post edited. Please refrain from using SMS lingo in future posts[/mod]
Intel 2600k + Asus p8p67 pro = 28800

Noctua u12p se2 = 3700

Corsair xms3 1600 (9-9-9-24) 4gb x 4 = 2475 x 4

NZXT Gamma + Corsair vx450 = 5450

Coolermaster 4 x 120mm fan pack = 800

Seagate Baracuda 500gb = 2100

Msi R5450-MD1GH 1gb ddr3 = 2450

Viewsonic vx1937wm = unable to get this monitor so dont know what to get.

stalker said:
RAM seems a little expensive? Or is that what single 4GB sticks cost now?

Have you checked with Dell for the monitor?
i guess thats the current price of ram.

cant find any dell 19" 16:10 ratio lcds. i guess will have to go for 20" 16:9ratio dell

stormblast said:
i guess thats the current price of ram.

cant find any dell 19" 16:10 ratio lcds. i guess will have to go for 20" 16:9ratio dell
Pricing for all components are good. How about the Thermalright Venomous X instead of the U12P. It also costs the same!

DarkAngel said:
Pricing for all components are good. How about the Thermalright Venomous X instead of the U12P. It also costs the same!
venomous X comes with 1 fan afaik. where as u12p is with 2 fans. am currently using several noctua u12p's and they are top notch in terms of quality compared to ultra120 extreme. i havent used the venomous x so cant comment on quality of that.

performance of both of them with 2 fans is very similar. if i were to spend 800-900 extra on venomous X fan i would rather go for the dh-14 then :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cant find any 1440 x 900 res 19" monitors.

i guess going for the Dell IN2020M 20inch W HD Monitor LED (1600 x 900)

^^ Just to clarify, Venomous X does not come with any fans. (Not even one). There is a separate model called Venomous X RT that comes with a single fan.

Also I researched between Venomous X and U12P SE2 when I was doing my purchases. In terms of performance, Venomous X is comparable to the Noctua D14 and better than the U12P. Other than that, VX has a wee bit more clearance (3mm) for RAM sticks than U12P. U12P gives 40mm clearance while TR VX gives 43mm. GSKill Ripjaws are closer to 41mm in height. So if you have all 4 mem slots populated, you would need to adjust the fans a bit if you go with U12P. Its not such a big deal though.

In my case, I went with the TR VX since I care more about Performance than about quiet fans and intended to use at least one powerful 120 x 38mm fan.

Lord Nemesis said:
^^ Just to clarify, Venomous X does not come with any fans. (Not even one). There is a separate model called Venomous X RT that comes with a single fan.

Also I researched between Venomous X and U12P SE2 when I was doing my purchases. In terms of performance, Venomous X is comparable to the Noctua D14 and better than the U12P. Other than that, VX has a wee bit more clearance (3mm) for RAM sticks than U12P. U12P gives 40mm clearance while TR VX gives 43mm. GSKill Ripjaws are closer to 41mm in height. So if you have all 4 mem slots populated, you would need to adjust the fans a bit if you go with U12P. Its not such a big deal though.

In my case, I went with the TR VX since I care more about Performance than about quiet fans and intended to use at least one powerful 120 x 38mm fan.
thanks didn't know that. in that case the vx would have worked out way out of my budget as its without fans. also i need something quiet as there are multiple pcs.

anyways im getting the xms3, so that wont be a problem as im already using them with the u12p on the other systems. the problem with ripjaws is that they install easily with the u12p, but when you want to remove the ripjaws ram then it is very difficult and sometimes you may need to remove the heatsink. (i am talking only when 4 ripjaws are installed on an amd x6 setup where the heatsink is put horizontally)

will know soon enough if the u12p is sufficient enough or no, will otherwise switch to dh-14.

Back