Budget 0-20k 24 inch 1080p 144hz+ IPS monitor compared to 27 inch regular monitor

Ssreek

Adept
I have a 27inch 1080p 72hz Samsung monitor.
Like some, I made the mistake of not getting 144hz and instead fell for curved display-big monitor kind of words. The ppi issue is there and very noticeable when watching videos.

Now I got the chance to upgrade, as the present monitor is going to be used for a different purpose.

My GPU is RTX 3070. I am planning to get 24 inch, 1080p, 144hz+, IPS monitor. Budget would be around 20k.
Not looking to consider any monitor that has washed out colors. Present monitor already has that feature.
So below are my questions.

1. Will it be good to downgrade from 27 inch to 24 inch?
  2. Based on several reviews and comments, I've considered Benq EX2510S, Asus VG259QR, MSI G241. Which is better among these 3? (I was not able to find AOC 24G2 anywhere)
  3. Also, is it safer to buy monitor online(mostly Amazon)?

Last edited:
Benq EX2510s is the best option out of the 3 but the prices have gone up by 4k in the past few months, try saving more and getting a 27 inch 1440p panel instead, anything less would be doing injustice to the 3070.

1. That's subjective, imo. Go and check a similar sized monitor at a friend's place or a Croma like store in your city. Personally, once you go big, it's very hard to readjust to smaller sizes. YMMV.

2. Considering the above and your RTX 3070, I think you should up the budget a bit. There are plenty of good 144+ 27 inch monitors, you may even find user reviews on threads here. I personally use Gigabyte M27Q. While browsing for monitors, I also strongly considered LG GL850, Asus VG27AQ, MSI MAG274QRF etc. Check this thread : https://techenclave.com/threads/27-inch-1440p-144hz-ips-monitor-suggestions.198268/

3. Amazon is very safe. I have in the past returned refurbished monitors when they had issues. The new monitors I bought have never had any problems so far. Apart from Amazon, I wouldn't trust customer service of other shops. Make sure to record unboxing video. It might come in handy if anything goes wrong.

Benq EX2510s is the best option out of the 3 but the prices have gone up by 4k in the past few months, try saving more and getting a 27 inch 1440p panel instead, anything less would be doing injustice to the 3070.

I considered 1440p panel first but here are my thoughts to not consider it for my use.
  1. Once I go for 1440p monitor, I would always have to make sure I have a 1440p gpu in future. In future if prices go way too up (like now as well), I may not buy 1440p gpu. Hence sticking to 1080p.
  2. Watching 1080p videos/movies won't look great on 1440p. I would always have to watch on higher resolution and I am not willing to go back to pixelated look anymore.
1. That's subjective, imo. Go and check a similar sized monitor at a friend's place or a Croma like store in your city. Personally, once you go big, it's very hard to readjust to smaller sizes. YMMV.

2. Considering the above and your RTX 3070, I think you should up the budget a bit. There are plenty of good 144+ 27 inch monitors, you may even find user reviews on threads here. I personally use Gigabyte M27Q. While browsing for monitors, I also strongly considered LG GL850, Asus VG27AQ, MSI MAG274QRF etc. Check this thread : https://techenclave.com/threads/27-inch-1440p-144hz-ips-monitor-suggestions.198268/

3. Amazon is very safe. I have in the past returned refurbished monitors when they had issues. The new monitors I bought have never had any problems so far. Apart from Amazon, I wouldn't trust customer service of other shops. Make sure to record unboxing video. It might come in handy if anything goes wrong.

1. Will see if any stores have demo...Most of our nearby stores have none. I will search.
2. Please see the above reply for another person I gave regarding 1440p.
3. Thank you for giving confidence. Will buy in amazon mostly.

I considered 1440p panel first but here are my thoughts to not consider it for my use.
  1. Once I go for 1440p monitor, I would always have to make sure I have a 1440p gpu in future. In future if prices go way too up (like now as well), I may not buy 1440p gpu. Hence sticking to 1080p.
  2. Watching 1080p videos/movies won't look great on 1440p. I would always have to watch on higher resolution and I am not willing to go back to pixelated look anymore.

1. Will see if any stores have demo...Most of our nearby stores have none. I will search.
2. Please see the above reply for another person I gave regarding 1440p.
3. Thank you for giving confidence. Will buy in amazon mostly.

1. RTX 3070 would last you easily for the next few years. By the time you wish to upgrade it, most content will be in 4K and 4K monitors will be cheap. Having 1440p instead of 1080p will be better in such a scenario as 1080P will be super outdated then, at least comparted to1440p.

2. Don't compromise on screen for content. You need to update your content to 4K in this scenario instead of still being limited to 1080P. 4K content downscaled to fit 2K screen looks amazing, no pixelation. As psyph3r said, 1080P is an affront to your RTX 3070. Should have got 3060, 2060 or 1660S and saved some bucks that way if you wanted to remain limited to 1080p.

I would always have to make sure I have a 1440p gpu in future

You already have a 1440p GPU in the present that'll serve you well for another 4 years at least.
By that time 4K will have become the norm and 1440p GPUs should be reasonably priced by then HOPEFULLY.

You already have a 1440p GPU in the present that'll serve you well for another 4 years at least.
By that time 4K will have become the norm and 1440p GPUs should be reasonably priced by then HOPEFULLY.
Can't say it will suffice for 4 years with 1440p 60fps...

Besides how is watching 1080p movies on 1440p screen?

Hi
Was wondering if you folks can help me as well
I am torn between a 24 and a 27 inches
Both are fhd with some eye care features and hdri from benq

Ew2780 and Ew2480

My usage is normal internet browsing, downloading.
Accessing rdp from my pc to do some online stuff and if I ll get the new monitor then I might use it to for media consumption too sometimes.

Price difference is 2k
One atm is 14990 and 27 incher is 16990

Deal of the day: BenQ EW2780 27" Eye-Care, Entertainment and Gaming Monitor, HDR, IPS, Edge to Edge Slim Bezel, FreeSync, 75Hz, Brightness Intelligence Plus, Speaker 2.5Wx2, Triple HDMI, FHD 1080P, ePaper Mode https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YBS2C12
Vs

Thanks

Please

Hi

Ew2780 and Ew2480

Accessing rdp from my pc to do some online stuff and if I ll get the new monitor then I might use it to for media consumption too sometimes.

Price difference is 2k

Deal of the day: BenQ EW2780 27" Eye-Care, Entertainment and Gaming Monitor, HDR, IPS, Edge to Edge Slim Bezel, FreeSync, 75Hz, Brightness Intelligence Plus, Speaker 2.5Wx2, Triple HDMI, FHD 1080P, ePaper Mode https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YBS2C12
Vs

Thanks

Please
Anyone with some suggestions?

Hi

Ew2780 and Ew2480

Price difference is 2k

Vs

Thanks

Please
If you have used a high resolution monitor earlier like 4k/2k at 27 inches, you'll be able to see the differentiate the pixels on the display on the 27' 1080p monitor. If that's the case, go for the 24' 1080p monitor.

If you haven't used high resolution monitors before, even then I wouldn't suggest the 27 inch. I daily drive a 27 inch 4k monitor and setting the resolution to 1080p, the picture looked very bad (a synthetic test).
My suggestion would be to go for the 24 inch 1080p monitor.

Back