OC & Modding 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 - HUFFER Build

rakesh_sharma23

Do It Yourself
Adept
2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 - HUFFER Build

Huffer.jpg

ss2.png

Hello,
I am Rakesh Sharma from INDIA. Representing my country at 2016 Thermaltake CaseMod Invitational Season 2 with a unique casemod reflecting my passion towards Jet-Engines. Being from an engineering family background I always had a great attraction towards machines and engines, but unfortunately ended up as a Software Engineer in real life.

And Jet-Engines are such a beautiful artwork of engineering with great sound and power, which makes me little more passionate about. Now through this CaseMod I will try to showcase (likewise) one essential equipment used for starting a Jet engine.
The MA-1A Air-start cart or the 'HUFFER' cart.

For this CaseMod, I will be modifying the Thermaltake Core X5 ATX Chassis.

ABOUT BUILD IDEA

MA-1A Air-start cart, some people called it the “Huffer”, is a start cart used to start Jet engines. This cart generates high velocity air, this air is then fed into the aircraft jet engine, causing it to spin or spool up with sufficient RPM for starting. The cart's air delivery system is powered by a small turbine engine. This thing has started many well known aircrafts like Lockheed F-104, Boeing B-52 and YB-49, a flying wing design bomber aircraft commissioned for service with the U.S. Air Force shortly after World War II.

* Thanks to AgentJayZ for sharing this video. And if you love the sound of starting of a turbine engine as I do, forward the video time to 5:42 Enjoy..

Due to its rugged design, MA-1A start cart is still used to start modern Fighter-planes and commercial airliner’s engines in many countries around the World.

My Case mod is focused on this “Huffer” design, with the Thermaltake Core X5 case showcasing as the main engine unit.

PREMIUM PARTNERS

SPONSORS

HARDWARE

CASE
Thermaltake Core X5 ATX Chassis

PSU
Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1250W Titanium

PROCESSOR
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor

MOTHERBOARD
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA

GRAPHICS
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX

SSD
V-color VLM 100 M.2 SSD

HDD
Seagate FireCuda 2TB

RAM
AVEXIR

COOLING
Thermaltake Liquid Cooling Solution and accessories

UPDATE : 9-Nov-2016

Somewhat basic shell is ready.

057.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

Now first filling of all joints and edges.

061.jpg

062.jpg

063jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

Sanding down all the joints and rough sides, forming curved edges. Now will be doing a second fill and fine sanding before first primer layer.

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

UPDATE : 12-Nov-2016

Moisture proof coating applied, one more sanding and shell is ready for primer.

075.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

Cutting top panel, air inlet doors

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

Last edited:
Just giving my opinion. .That wheel looks small when compared to the real huffer u posted in ur first post . .I think a thicker, wider tire which doesn't look like plastic might be better . .may be u can find one in rc hobby shop

UPDATE : 22-Nov-2016

Slow and steady build under progress.
Making mounting brackets for servo motors with LCD mounting in the top air inlet flap and little sneak peak on paint job.

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

Back