Storage Solutions 2.5inch SATA SSD for 5 Year Old Laptop

Hi Folks,
Need some suggestions on buying a 2.5inch SATA SSD replacement for my old Laptop having a Hard Drive.
Laptop - Lenovo G50-80 80E502Q6IH
Ruled out m.2 since this does not have a m.2 SSD slot.

Shortlisted following options -
Samsung EVO 860 500GB - Rs. 5299/-
Crucial MX500 500GB - Rs. 4769/-
WD Blue 500GB - 5049/-
All prices are from amazon.in

Based on my Knowledge and a bit of research on the internet the Samsung SSD seems to be better.

Crucial MX500 comes very close to it offering more or less the same speeds.

Both these come with a 5 Year Warranty.

As far as my experience with WD goes, I have had an extremely good experience with this brand for Hard Drives as well as 3 SSD's which I purchased.
Only downside is WD Blue SSD offers only 3 Years of warranty.

As far as price is concerned im not much bothered as long as the product is reliable.

Would love to hear what you guys think of this.

You're not wrong about samsung being the best. But the difference between a Samsung and a Crucial is insignificant and I have personally had great experience with Crucial MX500 drives (have 3). They are fast, have good warranty and endurance and are priced way more competitively than Samsung drives. Regarding WD blue, their 2TB model is cost effective and has 5years warranty (own 1), but overall endurance ratings are lower than competition.

My recommendation would be to go with Crucial MX500.

I'm also looking for crucial as my next ssd as its pricing and performance balance is crucial compared to samsung where the latter mostly charges for brand power. Unless you are those number churning nerds theres no need to go that far..

+1 for Mx500. I have 2 drives, one on laptop, one on desktop. In day-day activities, I doubt there would be any difference between Samsung and Crucial. I even suggested my aunt to go for crucial instead of Samsung and even she is quite happy with the performance boost brought with ssd.

Back