Storage Solutions 2.5" vs 3.5" external HDD

As I've replaced my internal 750gb 5400rm HDD with a 120gb SSD (Corsair Force GT), I'll now be needing a fast enough external HDD for movies/games playback and storage. Have shortlisted these two (one being 2.5", while the other one being a 3.5" drive):

WD My Book Essential 3.5 Inch 1 TB External Hard Disk | External Hard Drive | Flipkart.com

WD My Passport USB 3.0 1 TB External Hard Disk | External Hard Drive | Flipkart.com

So just wanted to confirm that which one of these would be more reliable for constant playback...

@xOVErClOcKeRx Why don't you get internal HDD it'd be faster and reliable for constant use.Segate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM-5k would be a good choice.
If you really don't want to get internal HDD then WD My Passport USB 3.0 1 TB-5.5k OR Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB 3.5’’-5.9k would be a good choice.Hope this helps.

^^ I guess he is talking about his laptop since his signature says that his PC has a different HDD.

@OP - If you are talking about your laptop, then obviously 2.5", 3.5" ones are much less portable and with USB 3.0, 2.5" are pretty fast as well. If its a desktop you are talking about, then getting a second internal HDD would be a better option.

Back