Audio 2.1 Speaker Suggesstions required

plasma

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I have been using an Altec Lansing AVS 300 2.1 Speaker system for nearly a decade now. :)

Never used any other 2.1.

I need to buy a new speaker but I am so used to the ultra loud and awesome AVS 300 I am not sure which speaker to buy.

Please suggest some speakers which are good, need to be loud and crisp. Mostly listen to Bollywood music and play games on the system.

Budget: Under 4k

Thanks!

Edifier c2 looks a pretty good bet! Thanks for suggesting Faraz. Do you know if it plays loud enough for a house party?

@HailStonE: I dont think the S330 is within budget, need to check.

@greenhorn I remember reading the sony SRS D8 are great sounding, but they are not very loud.

Any other good suggestion are welcome! :)

last i checked at lamington, edifier c2 was well above 4k .... but i'd say worth the price if you love clarity in your music, i bought F&D F680 for 3.3 , yeah i know , risky ehh , still, i believe i got some good speakers there :)

Edifier C2 at Lamington Road was 4.2k last to last week. Spoke to Milan Enterprises staff over the phone. Got their reference from Saheba Infotech, Mumbai. Will try & hunt for that phone no. if you're still interested.
Also available at shopclues where you could get it for less after applying coupons. But no (shop)clue about how reliable they are, :p
plasma: Where are you looking to buy from?

@kidrow Thanks for the effort mate, I am from Mumbai. I would like to buy it from lamington, if I can may be hear the thing before buying. I doubt this is possible? Any idea? Otherwise I am sure its cheaper online.

@doom2010 The snapdeal looks good especially the COD. Since I have never bought anything from there. How I wish this was on flipkart!!

Guys,

The speakers were delivered and sadly, I found that the amplifier would not power up. There was some kind of defect in the amplifier/power cable.

Snapdeal people advised me to call service center or return the product for replacement . I have decided to return it. :(

Santa hasn't been so kind this Christmas! :p

Guys,

The speakers were delivered and sadly, I found that the amplifier would not power up. There was some kind of defect in the amplifier/power cable.

Snapdeal people advised me to call service center or return the product for replacement . I have decided to return it. :(

Santa hasn't been so kind this Christmas! :p

Sad to hear that :( hope your ordeal with service center goes smooth enough .

@abhaybhegde Since you are planning to buy these, I would say the build quality is amazing, and the speakers/subwoofer have weight to them. The finishing is also very good. The connections are simple.

I cant comment on the sound but will do so soon once I get a replacement.

Also, I spoke to the service center, but decided not take a 9 kg speaker over there. I am returning it to snapdeal.

Back