Storage Solutions 120GB SSD - Is Corsair Neutron GTX good ?

Leshy

Disciple
Hi guys,
i am looking out for a 120 gb ssd i would like to konw if the Corsair Neutron GTX Series 120 GB SSD
is good or is there something better?

Check Tomshardware SSD chart for 2013
Tom's Hardware's SSD Hierarchy Chart : Best SSDs For The Money: January 2013

This will give u ideas how Corsair Neutron is placed against other ssd. seems like Tier 2 SSD. performance wise seems to be Tier 2 SSD

Test results for 128 gb GTX seems also good.
AnandTech - Corsair Neutron & Neutron GTX: All Capacities Tested

Best SSDs performance wise are samsung 830 or Samsung 840 pro

Finally try looking for Amazon / newegg user reviews.

There is another aspect of SSDs that is compatiblity with hardware and reliability . Samsung and Crucial seems to popular and widely used. general consensus is they offer better reliability.

^ I think OnlySSD and PrimeABGB both are group companies.

onlyssd is owned by Prime ABGB (its proprietor).

ok but from what reviews i read the newton gtx is one of the best

I agree in performance with the new LAMD controller is phenomenal, problem is whether it is reliable OR no. That is the big question mark and where the older and not so fast Marvell controller based Crucial M4 gains its cookies.

onlyssd is owned by Prime ABGB (its proprietor).

I agree in performance with the new LAMD controller is phenomenal, problem is whether it is reliable OR no. That is the big question mark and where the older and not so fast Marvell controller based Crucial M4 gains its cookies.
i didnt understand what you are trying to say about the m4

i didnt understand what you are trying to say about the m4

That the Crucial M4 is a more reliable drive because of the components used and age of the device so most issues have been ironed out with firmware patches.

Hope this is easier to comprehend. Cheers!

That the Crucial M4 is a more reliable drive because of the components used and age of the device so most issues have been ironed out with firmware patches.

Hope this is easier to comprehend. Cheers!

Crucial M4 seems to offer better reliability but its last year's product and suffering from performance-wise with new ssd.
Samsung 830 or Samsung 840 pro seems to be best in both reliability and performance . Please note smasung 840 and samsung 840 pro is very different plain 840 uses TLC which has shorter life whereas 840 pro is MLC like smasun 830.

Corsair Neuron GTX is also good choice as it is using toshiba / samsung controller .

Crucial M4 seems to offer better reliability but its last year's product and suffering from performance-wise with new ssd.
Samsung 830 or Samsung 840 pro seems to be best in both reliability and performance . Please note smasung 840 and samsung 840 pro is very different plain 840 uses TLC which has shorter life whereas 840 pro is MLC like smasun 830.

Corsair Neuron GTX is also good choice as it is using toshiba / samsung controller .
ok cool!
how about these three

Corsair Force3 GS 128GB
Kingston V300 120GB
Samsung 840 Series 128GB

^ He just said the 840 uses TLC which has only 1K P/E cycles i.e. a shorter drive life. If you're getting an 840, it should ideally be the 840 'Pro' not the vanilla one. But unfortunately doesn't look like there's a 128GB 840 Pro in stock here. Try contacting Prime to see if they can arrange for it?

You have quite a few decent/reliable SSD choices. Take your pick based on your budget. Roughly sorted according to performance :-
- Samsung 840 Pro (no stock available in 128GB)
- Samsung 830
- Plextor M5P
- OCZ Vertex 4
- Plextor M5S
- Crucial M4

^ He just said the 840 uses TLC which has only 1K P/E cycles i.e. a shorter drive life. If you're getting an 840, it should ideally be the 840 'Pro' not the vanilla one. But unfortunately doesn't look like there's a 128GB 840 Pro in stock here. Try contacting Prime to see if they can arrange for it?

You have quite a few decent/reliable SSD choices. Take your pick based on your budget. Roughly sorted according to performance :-
- Samsung 840 Pro (no stock available in 128GB)
- Samsung 830
- Plextor M5P
- OCZ Vertex 4
- Plextor M5S
- Crucial M4
ok i will try speaking with prime btw. corsair neutron gtx stock will come only in 20 days

Back