Graphic Cards 104.6C during NFSC on X1900xt

jaber

Disciple
My card is suddenly acting very odd..:S

My idle temps which were at 54 have now suddenly risen to 62C.

Also while playing NFSC temps with the fan spinning at 100%(using atitool 0.26) are reaching 104C.:mad:

I'm playing at 1024*768 and have seen increase in temps by few degrees in all games but had never gone above 100C even in NFSC before.

Is this normal??:huh:

Wats the max u guys reach while playin NFSC?

63c to 73 max it has ever reached while playing any game....ofcourse i had to reconfigure fan speeds in ati tool... but 104c is definetly extreem.... something might be wong with the coolers i think....if its under warrenty u can get your dealer to take a look....

damn re... i have this same crappy problem but mine is a 1900xtx.
during nfs carbon 2 times it happened tht temp went to 110C and then the display shut off :mad:

my idle temps are also insanely high :S
75C

hmm the normal advice u would get on TE is , Apply more thermal paste or get a better cooler :p Thermal paste is the way to go though

your cooler might be having a lot of dust ... clean it up and check again.
if your fan is at 100 % and you can confirm the fan is spinning , there is nothing wrong with the cooler... check if the cooler is properly seated on the card... i have never removed the stock cooler but if you can then apply as5 and clean up everything

i keep my fan at around 3000 -3500 rpm during gaming and temps never goes past 80 ( nfs mw )

download this and adjust the fan speed and check
YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

clean the card 1st of all. there has to be lots of dust. if not then check if your heatsink is tight & has proper contact with the chipset.
3rdly if you are not using techpowerup ati tool then download that & use & adjust the fan speeds manually.

my idles are around 50 & load around 70-75. adjusted fan speeds manually.

Before you apply anything, just consult your dealer. I hope you know that the moment you remove the stock cooler you warranty can be as good as void and technically it is.

I would say just clear up the cabinet initially and see if the fan is working properly. It is also very important to keep the air intake/out take areas clean.

illusion said:
Before you apply anything, just consult your dealer. I hope you know that the moment you remove the stock cooler you warranty can be as good as void and technically it is.

I would say just clear up the cabinet initially and see if the fan is working properly. It is also very important to keep the air intake/out take areas clean.

the warranty is not void when u remove the stock cooler to apply thermal paste.

my 7900 gto touches 47C max (using nvidia control panel temp display to measure) during nfs c....your temps seem a little higher (should be 70-80C max) for a x1900xt...
my advice - use AS5...

Way too high...my card runs @ 68 idle, and crosses 85 under load. But I've never crossed 94. You're pretty close to toasting that r580...

AS5 the core. Clean your fan and airduct (cards HSF). Also do a general cabby dust blower..

vandal said:
Way too high...my card runs @ 68 idle, and crosses 85 under load. But I've never crossed 94. You're pretty close to toasting that r580...

AS5 the core. Clean your fan and airduct (cards HSF). Also do a general cabby dust blower..

i think your temps are also too high. u should also start using techpower atitools & set fan speeds manually. idles should be around 45- 55

Back