µTorrent Thread

dipdude

Skilled
Version 1.3

µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.

Main Features:
- Multiple simultaneous downloads
- Smart bandwidth usage
- File level priorities
- Configurable bandwidth scheduling
- Global and per-torrent speed limiting
- Quickly resumes interrupted transfers
- UPnP support (WinXP only)
- Supports popular protocol extensions
- Localized to different languages
- Typical memory use less than 4 MB
- Incredibly small

Version 1.4 Released

guys update your µTorrent to the latest version 1.4 build 402, update it from inside µTorrent.
or download it from here
µTorrent 1.4 is finally out. The changes are quite overwhelming. The most notable new features are:
* Bitcomet style add dialog
* RSS Reader
* Speed wizard to select your proper settings based on upload speed.

Some other much requested features that have been added are:
* Add !ut to incomplete files
* Multi scrape
* Better download speeds from BitComet clients.

hey man...i have a 64 Kbps unli. local cable walla conenction.

i have set my max no. of global connections to 50 and max no. of connections per task to 25.max no of tcp open connections to 50 and max upload to speed to 4 KB/s.

is there anything else i need to change.i am not getting good speeds...between 2-3 KB/s

pls help.

first make sure that the torrent has sufficient seeds. And is listed on a decent tracker (the only sure way of doing this is trying out a couple popular files on diff trackers). Also increase your upload speeds closer to your max value (just below max).

IMO BitComet is better.From what i observed,for same torrnets with same no. of seeders bitcomet gives 90-97% speed of the connection speed but µTorrent only goes till 75-80%.theese r with default settings.

Bitcomet gives higher speeds, but the wastage is also proptionaely much higher. I noticed that I download a lil bit more with Utorrent then Bitcomet in a day. Bitcomet also misreports the speeds in my case, eats a lot of RAM.

^^ and bitcomet has some troubles with trackers. there have been cases where around 2gb of transfers did not show up in the stats. for the same file, azureus was working without any problem

Thanx for pointing that out Aces and Checksum.There r probs with BC (hell my 800MB+ U/L did not get accounted for in demonoid...).

Azereus is cool too especially with that 3d swarm plugin.

thegamerulez said:
hey man...i have a 64 Kbps unli. local cable walla conenction.
i have set my max no. of global connections to 50 and max no. of connections per task to 25.max no of tcp open connections to 50 and max upload to speed to 4 KB/s.
is there anything else i need to change.i am not getting good speeds...between 2-3 KB/s
pls help.

U r gettin a nice speed ..Coz i got 526kb/s... and i m gettin 15kb/s ...So i think ur speed is normal nuthin to wrry about.

:hap2: must try, just for the small footprint 127kb.

µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.

Latest Changes:

Change: Tweak some settings
Feature: Added upload limit / download limit columns
Feature: Lower the amount of active torrents if upload is set too low
Fix: Remember size of RSS window
Change: Print additional info to the log in case there's a "element not found" error
Change: Add folder name when adding through RSS
Fix: Connect to peers in a round-robin fashion when multiple torrents are active
Fix: Auto detect some more parameters if invalid values are given

Thank you DipDude and others!!!!!!!

This Torrent client rocks!!!!So lite on even my PC and the functionality is great :).

Thanks guys...this means am returning to torrents!!!

Reps for DipDude :).

Regards,

DC.

confirmed. Utorrent gets more seeds (and hence availablility) than bitcomet. Porbably cos some trackers are blocking BC

hi,

certainly, utorrent is the best client around. i download more now then i used to using either ABC 2.6.9 or any other client for that matter.

Mods please update the thread title to 1.4

guys update your µTorrent to the latest version 1.4 build 402, update it from inside µTorrent.
or download it from here
µTorrent 1.4 is finally out. The changes are quite overwhelming. The most notable new features are:
* Bitcomet style add dialog
* RSS Reader
* Speed wizard to select your proper settings based on upload speed.

Some other much requested features that have been added are:
* Add !ut to incomplete files
* Multi scrape
* Better download speeds from BitComet clients.

I am presently downloading a file in Bitcomet, its around 45%, if i switch to Utorrent, is there any way i can continue the download from where i left of in bitcomet. Also in utorrent, please can anyone suggest good settings. I have a Sify 256 Kbps connection.

yes you can....

All you have to do is to choose the EXACT same download directory in utorrent. The same one where BitComet was downloading to.

For example, if you are downloading a folder which has xxx number of files to "D:\Folder name", then you need to choose the same directory even in utorrent.

Then it starts downloading from 45%.

Back