Graphic Cards Xfx 4850 1gb gddr3

@himanshu

Its late to write but you should have tried to get it repaired from shops that repair laptops and motherboards , may be there was some minor fault dat cud me repaired . Same thing happened with me ...my USA PNY 9600GT burnt to death recently ...since the card was ARRANGED .......using a XFX 7900GS now.

Here's a good power supply calculator :

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5

Corsair PSU are the best but are insanely priced so i wud suggest u to buy CM xtreme power 500W-600 if u r low on budget (the 460 model sucks)

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets (respectable psu with avg eff)

active pfc is a hot thing??.

Everything You Need to Know About Power Supplies | Hardware Secrets

u can get 2nd hand CM xp 600 @rs1800 in dealer section or rs2300 500w new

@haider_up32

thnx for the advise.. but i didnt wanted to take any chances with the g rard so paid up the extra price send it for replacement.

Now i am pretty sure i will be goin for the gigabyte 460watt psu ... as suggested by many noe and earlier also .. someone please tell me its price in delhi and warranty period !

I would still suggest looking into running 2 psus. don't take my word for it. atleast read up on it and then decide.

if you do go for that config, please note that the gfx card power must come from the same psu that's powering the mobo. use the 2nd psu to power the drives/fans. basically distribute all the devices evenly over both psus but any device that directly connects to the mobo must run on the mobo's psu. this is to minimise problems due to slight voltage differences between the psus.

the reason i used this setup was that my rig needed more than 450W which cost a little bomb a year or two ago. using dual psus made me realise that it's a great way to keep using regular psus and never run out of power.

i was thinkin abt that too ... but then wont i have to make setup in such a way so that both the psu `s are turned on at the same time ... i knw abt 14 and 15 pin .. but how to ON both the psu together ..!

+ wont that take more electricity .....

+ when i switch off my pc .... my hdd and odd and fans will still be working .. if i switch them off lated .. wont that corrupt devices like my HDD ??

Himanshunegi198 said:
i was thinkin abt that too ... but then wont i have to make setup in such a way so that both the psu `s are turned on at the same time ... i knw abt 14 and 15 pin .. but how to ON both the psu together ..!

+ when i switch off my pc .... my hdd and odd and fans will still be working .. if i switch them off lated .. wont that corrupt devices like my HDD ??

Let's call the main psu which is plugged into the mobo the master and the second the slave psu.

At the back of the 20/24 pin connector which is plugged into the mobo, where the wires from the master psu go into the mobo, insert a wire into the green wire's holder. insert another wire into any black (ground) one. A good choice for wires is to use an old cd-rom audio cable. remove the wire along with the crimped, metal end-connectors from the plastic connectors at both ends. this should ensure a secure, tight fit into the psu power connector. now connect the other ends to the respective wires in the slave psu's 20/24 pin power connector. since the slave isnt plugged into a mobo, you can insert the wires into the 'proper' end of the connector instead of the back where the wires go in.

with this setup, when you hit the power button on the cabinet, both psus turn on simultaneously, and when you shutdown, both turn off too.

only considerations are a long enough wire connecting the two psus (cd-rom audio cable), and space to keep the 2nd psu in the case. i keep mine at the bottom of the case with the fan blowing out of the expansion slot brackets of the case, you can also keep it in the front 5.25" bays with the fan blowing out of the front. you will need to route a power cable to the 2nd psu; since mine is at the bottom of the case, i cut a hole in the back of the case for the power cable. if keeping it in the front, then bring in a power cable through some other opening in the case. if your master psu has a power out socket at the back, you can use a loopback power cable like the type they use to power monitors from the case psu to run A/C 220V directly from the master to the slave psu, hence saving you a power socket.

both your issues of turning them on and off are taken care of.

Himanshunegi198 said:
+ wont that take more electricity .....

theoretically yes, but they will actually pull as much power as is required for the connected devices. so using say 2x350W psus wont be so much more than using a single 500w. of course efficiency will matter, so keep that in mind when buying the psus. since you're distributing the load, the psus aren't running near their peak output so efficiency will be better than a single, heavily loaded psu.

the dual psu setup gives you more power connectors than you will need and it's not really as hard as it sounds to implement.

As you said it looks a lot more complciated ... so wont go for the 2nd PSU setup ... but still thnx a lot .. might try it sometime else !

guyz i have found out the price of Gigabyte 460watt SMPS -- 2200 .. is it better then coolermaster extreme power 450 at 2450 .. !!! Now my options are

1)Gigabyte Superb 460 ------------ 2200

2)Coolermaster extreme power 450 --2450

3)Zebronics 550 Pro series --------- 2550

4)Zebronics 600 Pro series ----------2650

AM i rite goin with the Gigabyte ???

Plz let me knw .. i will buy it either this sat or coming monday !

Ok .. finally i got the call from Raashi RMA delhi to come and collect the card. I am arranging the money for the PSU -- Gigabyte 460w superb. Will have it by 2nd oct. So on 2nd i will go to Nehru palace ..

collect my sweet XFX 1gb 4850

Buy samsung 223sw ( does it comes with a dvi cable )

Buy the Gigabyte 460w superb ( how much warranty will it have )

Will update soon !!

By the way .. some other member from here is selling his cooler master 600 extreme power for Rs 1800. I wanted to buy that , but its without warranty and even the guy says he has opened it to change the internal fan. So wanted to buy it but no warranty ... still confused abt the psu .. go with new or get cm600 .. any suggestion ??

no no no way , monitor comes on 3rd october brother. I rather keep my 4850 on my desk .. and not install it till i have the money for gud psu. I do very lil gaming on pc ... mostly on xbox.

But i just wonder .. gigabyte 460 is a gud if not very gud psu .. !! all say it can handle the 4850 .. then y u recommending me to buy cx400 !!

go n get Gigabyte 460w.....otherwise go for zeb 550 pro as one of the guyz in TE using it with a oclocked 4870 and a unlocked+insane overclocked rig......

@lavans4u

hey can u ask u frnd how much is the zebby 550 pro ..

i asked zebby 600 pro in august the dealer said 2650 .. and zebby 550 pro =2450 now i wonder was it 26 or 36.

Can u please do that will really appreciate it !!

If its 2650 i will go for the zebby 600 pro.

Thnx !!

zebby 550w---2.5-2.8k....

i think u wrong with the price of 600W....since it got triple 12v rails each with 24A and a max power rating of 576W...it will be about 3.5-3.8k......

then i am sure he wld have said 3650 .. so u say zebby 55w for around 2.5k .. u knw any place where i can buy it from ...?? and is it actually worth buying zebby 550 pro . rather than giga 460 superb .. consdering i am little short on money ... though i can still buy it !

well thats wt he said .. he said 500 wld come for 2450 ... 600 wld come for 2650 .. that is y he advd me to get 600 ...but i was going thru the internet and chckd the price .. it made me confuse and nw i aint sure if its 2650 or 3650 thats y i asked u !!

anywaz i will go for 600 is its 2650 .. otherwise will go for gia 460 / zebb 500/ zebby 550 on 3rd oct !!!

GUyz after a lot of begging and stealing i got to a max of 3K for the PSU.Now i can either spend 3K for CM600 extreme series( which i have heard is not gud ) or Crossair 400.

I need this to a run a 4850 1gb ddr3.

Check My config below ... + 2-3 more 90mmm fams to keep the g card cool

Will a crossair 400 be able to handel it.

If not please tell me the best option to go for a PSU that can give me peice of mind and can handle my system even under heavy gaming which i wont do much. Thnx

I can even go for a gigabyte 460 wat. It shld be best VFM for my SYSTem <3k

Thnx !! be quick !

Okz after a lot of checking on the internet i have made my mind clear.

CM extreme power SUCKS BIG TIME.

I will go for zeeby pro 600 which i will get for 2650. After all am just buying this for 4850.

Himanshunegi198 said:
Okz after a lot of checking on the internet i have made my mind clear.
CM extreme power SUCKS BIG TIME.
I will go for zeeby pro 600 which i will get for 2650. After all am just buying this for 4850.

make sure it is pro series..
bcz the price u r mentioning here is of platinum 600w...

Back