PS4 vs PS3 for 720p gaming?

Hi All,
Currently planning to get a console for casual gaming (GTA V, racing etc..)
but I'm planning to hook it up on a 720p TV..

For this case..
Is PS3 better or PS4?

Playstation 3 is great for your needs, plus it already has a massive library of games that you could get for less. If you didn't had a PS before you would immediately get chance to try out the best games that came out in past rather waiting for ones.

PS3 should be it. With the plethora of good gaming titles, you could be hooked for next two years. I do have a PS4 and its really not worth the money considering the fact that there isn't much that you can do with the machine than gaming and even the gaming library isn't very varied. Wait for a year before you jump on to the PS4.

PS3, still has a ton of life. Plus, members sell titles here. I got most of my games here. It looks awesome on an LED.

Thanks for the infor guys!!!
Any good deals to watch out for..?
Moreover, Anybody suggest how it might run on a plasma? (HD ready)

I have recently bought 12GB version for ₹15,636 from Amazon. That is the cheapest I could find online. If you have 2.5" 500GB HDD just order a HDD tray for ₹300-350 and you are good to go. For used games, hunt market section of forums and CEX stores in your town.

Go for PS3 if you haven't played on this console. There are enough games to keep you hooked till PS4 library gets mature and the used games market can be a great place for looking for titles. It looks great on on my HD ready LCD (720p res.) You'll be amazed how great GTA 5 can look on this. I was just blown away. Can't get enough of it.

If you plan on gaming a lot, then get the PS3. The sheer number of titles available is great.

If you have the budget and only game on weekends, then i'd suggest you get the PS4. The titles although limited now are only going to grow. Also, GTA5, FIFA etc. on the PS4 are way better than on the PS3.

But do remember that if you go for PS4, although you are set for many years ahead, the game titles are costlier and the used games market isn't too good as of now. Of course this will improve as we go further. I went for PS3 since I wanted to play earlier Uncharted games and God of war.

yes, not an issue. I have been using my old ps3 with component output only

EDIT : Sorry, it seems that the new PS3 had this feature removed for blu ray playback. games would still work!

^^ Thanks dude..
My HTPC handles blu-ray (Ahem...)

So only gaming on PS3, support for streaming is also a bonus...
Thanks...[DOUBLEPOST=1427394127][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys...
Any pointers for used PS3...?
help between Slim/Superslim..?

Last edited:
Guys...
Any pointers for used PS3...?
help between Slim/Superslim..?

In market section, one of each is on sale. Slim 250GB is for Mumbai only and superslim 12GB is from AP.

One can not mode Superslim. Though there is a mod available but risk of account getting banned on PSN is high. On the other hand if you are just looking to play on weekends and play more of exclusives, used games is way to go, IMO. They are affordable and range from ₹300-1200 depending on the title. Even if you sell them at half of buying price, you end up paying ₹3000 for 10 games (assuming average price is ₹600/game). This also would work out cheaper than downloading them and playing on a modded console - unless you have games available on local DC++ hub or with friends.

In market section, one of each is on sale. Slim 250GB is for Mumbai only and superslim 12GB is from AP.

One can not mode Superslim. Though there is a mod available but risk of account getting banned on PSN is high. On the other hand if you are just looking to play on weekends and play more of exclusives, used games is way to go, IMO. They are affordable and range from ₹300-1200 depending on the title. Even if you sell them at half of buying price, you end up paying ₹3000 for 10 games (assuming average price is ₹600/game). This also would work out cheaper than downloading them and playing on a modded console - unless you have games available on local DC++ hub or with friends.

Thanks bud.. Is getting from Amazon is OK right now?

Back