How to share files between Android mobile & PC without wifi

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Is there any way to shares files/folders between pc & android phone without wifi?

I do not have wifi router at home but was thinking of sharing files between pc & phone.

Doesnt matter even if its one way sharing Simplex...pc to phone.

OTG but requires an android that supports it.

If so then any usb drive with this PNY USB to micro USB adapter

i have it on my key chain attached to another PNY drive. works well.

micro port is covered as well as the actual drive which can be any :)

I already got OTG flash drive which I can plug-in directly to my phones usb without requiring any cable.

I want something not requiring any WIFI.

Can Teamviewer help me here?

Err. man I got no laptop but a desktop pc which got no wifi card or any sort or wireless technology like IR/BT or wifi. So no question of any wireless stuff coming into play.

Its not any hard and fast what I need but just to make sure that yes it is possible.

Cant go and buy a wifi router just for this purpose as phone is already loaded with 4gb 3G data. So happy to surf net on the phone itself.

Why not buy a wifi usb adapter? Those are cheap and you can then use your mobile as hotspot and browse on the PC as well.

Google drive is an option. Some application like Connectify does that too over the web. There are a few apps for android too which let's you send files over internet. All you to do is install the app in the phone and an extension in chrome browser. Don't remember the name but it's very popular google it and you will find.

Teamviewer ?
I have used teamviewer to successfully transfer files to and fro between my desktop and my android phone.
Teamviewer is installed both in my phone and PC.

Google drive is an option. Some application like Connectify does that too over the web. There are a few apps for android too which let's you send files over internet. All you to do is install the app in the phone and an extension in chrome browser. Don't remember the name but it's very popular google it and you will find.

I already got OTG flash drive which I can plug-in directly to my phones usb without requiring any cable.

I want something not requiring any WIFI.

Can Teamviewer help me here?
If you have otg then you can move files from phone to pc.

What else do you want ?

Pushbullet is one

Ok so finally bought a wifi router.

Was able to do one way file transfer using ES file explorer. (shared a folder on my desktop and mapped the same in Es)

But I want both ways file sharing...pc -phone and phone- pc.

Googled and found some but none of them actually has any Windows Desktop client so wonder hows that gonna work!!

So suggest accordingly.

Thanks I tried all above mentioned and all worked nicely but what suited me the best is Wifidroid!

Wanted Ftp or Http where it will generate thumbnails for easy images management & Wifidroid was just the tool I needed.

You could have done it using ES itself. Just have to give relevant permissions to the folder while sharing. I used to use it all the time, but now use the otg only.

Back